Flights

Old May 14th 2005, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

JAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant future
Default Flights

Any cheap recommendations for flights around 19th dec (peak season I know)
for 2-3 weeks to brisbane
Old May 15th 2005, 12:25 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights

Try flight centre direct (should be in your phone book for local office), I've always used them as they could knock £3-400 off of Bad Airways' prices by going via the states. Never travelled that close to xmas so not sure how cheap it will be.

A friend of mine is coming over from the UK for the second xmas and she is booking with Emirates via Dubai again as she found they were the cheapest last year and said service was good.
Old May 15th 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

JAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Try flight centre direct (should be in your phone book for local office), I've always used them as they could knock £3-400 off of Bad Airways' prices by going via the states. Never travelled that close to xmas so not sure how cheap it will be.

A friend of mine is coming over from the UK for the second xmas and she is booking with Emirates via Dubai again as she found they were the cheapest last year and said service was good.
I was surprised to discover it would cost £4000 approx for family of four just for flights alone
Old May 15th 2005, 11:58 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

£1000 per person at that time of year is about right I'd reckon. Out of peak times of year you can get flights for around £600 per person if you shop around
Old May 15th 2005, 12:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAR123
I was surprised to discover it would cost £4000 approx for family of four just for flights alone
Thats quite reasonable for that time of year - peak of peak season, everyone wants to be somewhere else for Christmas, and a lot of people will pay that amount to do it.
Old May 15th 2005, 12:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thats quite reasonable for that time of year - peak of peak season, everyone wants to be somewhere else for Christmas, and a lot of people will pay that amount to do it.
I think it goes up December 10th, so if you were to fly on the 9th you'd save yourself a packet
Old May 15th 2005, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info will look into it more and different dates.
Just trying to do it within school hols etc and soonish to see what Oz has to offer .