Flights?

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 6:33 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights?

Has anyone booked flights before their visa was issued. Local travel aganets advised you can not book flight without them seeing your visa. How does this work if you book over the internet??
Any advise appreciated.

Cheers
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Gazza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights?

Originally posted by walla1
Has anyone booked flights before their visa was issued. Local travel aganets advised you can not book flight without them seeing your visa. How does this work if you book over the internet??
Any advise appreciated.

Cheers

I booked a one-way flight on the net with Singapore airlines. No questions were asked about visas etc.
You'll need to fax evidence of the visa if you're looking to get double baggage allowance however.

Gaz
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers
Don't think its a problem. We used up our airmiles to book one way flights before our visas were issued. We had to do it, cos the first available 'airmiles' flights were 3 months forward. If we waited until the visas were issued, we wouldn't be leaving till September.

As far as flight only sites are concerned, its your business to make sure you have a valid visa, be it a holiday, business or *permanent* visa. They'll happily book you on the flight and take your money, no proof of visa required.

JTL
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:06 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default flights

Thanks for this. Will spend the weekend seeking the best price. Bond is being paid Monday, House completes Friday and so can start planning flights and leaving do (wopee!!!!!!!!!!!_
Will keep everyone posted.

P.S. Fancy going via USA - anyone any advise on flights, prices etc??
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

I'll let you know tomorrow Walla1 as we are going to book our flights for September, although we haven't yet got our visa, agent says shouldn't be long as our case officer has had confirmation that our bond has been lodged!
kind regards
Rach x
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:20 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally posted by nosuchluck
I'll let you know tomorrow Walla1 as we are going to book our flights for September, although we haven't yet got our visa, agent says shouldn't be long as our case officer has had confirmation that our bond has been lodged!
kind regards
Rach x

Thanks Rach

Sound like we are pretty much at same stage. I spoke to our case officer after a scare with our application and she assured me once bond was lodged grant letter would be with us within a couple of weeks. I am eager to book flights and the reason I posted question about booking without evidence of visas is that kids have hols booked over July and Aug so I can't send passports off till 20th Aug. I don't really want to wait to book flights then as we are detrmined to be out there back end of September.

Keep me posted.

Cheers
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Our bond was lodged on the 14th June, so we should hear any day regarding sending our passports off!
Best of luck with your application
Rach x
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

I have booked loads of flights over the net and no you don't have to confirm that you have a visa. However, these days you often get an e-ticket - which means no paper ticket, only the confirmation that you print out yourself. I always feel happier when you have a proper ticket in your hand but have nver had a problem with an e-ticket.

As for going via the US, try a few sites such as
www.expedia.co.uk
www.opodo.co.uk
www.telme.com

I know you can go on United via the US (Los Angeles) and probably get a stop over in the Pacific if you want. Thier site is at

www.ual.com

As for prices these will vary from site to site and from minute to minute (literally) as demand changes and things get booked up. One site is not always cheaper than another. You need to look at all of them. I waited an hour to book a flight to the US earlier this year and the price went from £600 to £1000 (at least I wasn't paying). So if you find a good price with flights and connections that look good then take it - it might not be there tomorrow (a bit like the exchange rate at the moment!)

Alastair
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

matt&sue is an unknown quantity at this point

booked our flights on monday airline needs a copy of your visa if you want the extra baggage allowance flying to perth 18 august with singapore air
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Hi Rach
Would you post the best deal you got for flights as we are going in sept and i cant decide whether to book now or wait until we have a completion date.
thx donna
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Donna
went to Austravel today, couldn't book though as haven't got our visas and couldn't get the double baggage allowence BUT as soon as the visas are in our passports we will be booking with them, Singapore Airlines with 3 hour stop £1200 with one way insurance, thats for 2 adults and 1 child (11). By the way, we were told that if you did a stopover for any length of time you would have to pay departure tax and wouldn't get double baggage allowence, hope this helps
Rach x
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Rach
Singapore seems to be coming up quite regulary,will certainly give them a try
donna
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Singapore quoted £341.00 for most of August. We are hoping to fly on the 27th. Gonna be cheeky and see if they will upgrade us as it will be Tobe`s birthday!!!

However feel a bit wary about booking them, as Lisa lodged her bond quite a while ago, but still hasnt got her visa. She flies 25/08/04 (I think)
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:24 am
Keeping it fairly real

Default Re: flights

Thanks for this. Will spend the weekend seeking the best price. Bond is being paid Monday, House completes Friday and so can start planning flights and leaving do (wopee!!!!!!!!!!!_
Will keep everyone posted.

P.S. Fancy going via USA - anyone any advise on flights, prices etc??
Hi All

Best price so far is with Singapore with a 2 day stop over, £1800 inclusive of taxes, 17th Sept out of Heathrow. 4 adult prices.

Wala
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Gazza
I booked a one-way flight on the net with Singapore airlines. No questions were asked about visas etc.
You'll need to fax evidence of the visa if you're looking to get double baggage allowance however.

Gaz

I rang them and they said just show your visa at check in. Think I'll ring them again

4 days and counting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.