flight tickets

Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

briggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flight tickets

Hi All!

Hope your all well. We are thinking of flying out in Feb 2010. Does anybody have any ideas on where we can get decent price flight tickets from? We are moving to Adelaide.

Thank you
Old Nov 20th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flight tickets

Originally Posted by briggs
Hi All!

Hope your all well. We are thinking of flying out in Feb 2010. Does anybody have any ideas on where we can get decent price flight tickets from? We are moving to Adelaide.

Thank you
Qatar have some fabulous offers at the moment into Melbourne - not sure about Adelaide but might be worth looking at.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 6:59 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Check with the airlines directly first. There are advantages to booking directly with them such as prebooking seats and so on. You can just get the quotes online. Do try Malaysian who are deeply discounting the oz route at present.

Having got the base price then check :

www.statravel.co.uk
www.netflights.com
www.expedia.co.uk
www.travelbag.co.uk

Excluding sale fares offered by airlines towards the departure date, generally it is not cheaper to book later as various fare allocations on a flight will have been sold and all that remain are the higher fare basis seats.

Have fun searching !
Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Andrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to all

I've been here before; I must have spent 4 weeks looking for a good deal (Not so much as being a tight git!) more a case of convincing the other half that i'd got the best deal available.

Try a site called "Skyscanner" or something like that; if you leave the date section clear it brings up a graph showing cheapest days of the week to fly.

I eventually went for Singapore Airlines as we loved the A380 when we travelled on it last year and have got it again. We fly out on the 10th January next year.

Word of warning - as already mentioned - try going direct, i only paid about £30 more going direct than if i'd used one of the cheap flight sites. also you my find that you get better prices online. I had the price on the laptop in front of me as i spoke to the airline on the phone at the same time... the difference in price....nearly £500. they told me that i'd get £100 per person discount online.

After the tickets were bought you can go straight to booking your seats something that you'd have to wait until a few days before had we gone via a third party.

The price we paid was £2397 for our "one way" tickets (3 adults plus 1 child) I could have got it a little bit cheaper with another airline but as i've mentioned above, we thought SA were brilliant.

There; i think i've said enough.... you probably stopped reading half way through anyway
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by briggs
Hi All!

Thank you
We shopped around and then eventually went with the IOM when we migrated that are on the visa letter, it's easy to email them for a quote you don't need to confirm dates to start with just Feb 2010 and start/end destination, we got double the luggage allowance as well. Flights are with Qantas. They gave us seat numbers at time of booking which we could then change if wanted, we could also use the booking number to use the Qantas website and add a bike to luggage etc

When we vallidated we went with STA travel, they had best deal at the time.