flight socks!!!

Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flight socks!!!

Hi

Probably a stupid question but do kids need flight socks??
Me and hubby have them - just wondered about kids!

Dawn
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:05 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: flight socks!!!

Originally posted by Prestons
Hi

Probably a stupid question but do kids need flight socks??
Me and hubby have them - just wondered about kids!

Dawn
Erm, would probably be a good idea as it reduces the risk of DVT. Also remember to take 1 asprin which will help to thin the blood and when you're on the plane try and stetch your legs every now and then.

Not to sure about the kids needing them. Best thing to do is go to the chemist and have a chat to the pharmacist.

I doubt you will need them for the kids though, as they'll probably be jumping up and down like loonies!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:06 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Good question I was wondering the same, me and hubby will have them on but what about the kiddies do they have nice healthy arteries and dont need them??? I dont know maybe some of the nurses on here do
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: flight socks!!!

I doubt you will need them for the kids though, as they'll probably be jumping up and down like loonies! [/QUOTE]

Yes - I was afraid of that!! I was foolishly hoping that they would sit glued to films for 24 hours - even checked out next months films on Singapore air website, load of crap. Only thing they'll like is spykids 3 which they have seen already. At least that's 1.5 hours taken care of. Only another 20 odd to go!

Dawn
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:10 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

How old are your kids? If they are very young I wouldnt bother, say under 10 years. But if you can get them to wear them im sure it wont do them any harm unless they have an underlying heart/circulation problem where I'd recommend you chat to your G.P about it as it would probably be a good idea.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by LondonNurse
How old are your kids? If they are very young I wouldnt bother, say under 10 years. But if you can get them to wear them im sure it wont do them any harm unless they have an underlying heart/circulation problem where I'd recommend you chat to your G.P about it as it would probably be a good idea.

Ours are 10 & 11. Asda are doing flight socks for £5 so I might get them anyway and 'persuade' them that they are a good idea!

Thanks for advice
Dawn
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Therese is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought all five of us some flight socks as being a nurse I was well aware of the dangers of DVT however only myself and my youngest (who is 8 by the way) wanted to wear them. I couldn't persuade the rest and they have survived two flights, one to L.A. which lasted 11 hours and then the 14 hours it took to Sydney. I did insist on them walking around frequently after take off as once they get to watch those films ect they just don't want to move.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 8:15 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought mine online at tightsplease really good site for tights as well as flight socks and stuff.