Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight prices to Oz for end of March

Flight prices to Oz for end of March

Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:51 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flight prices to Oz for end of March

Anyone found any cheap flights for March?
We're lookin to fly out of Glasgow or Edinburgh to Melbourne around 29th or 30th of March. Ideally we'd love to do a stop over ( providing we'll still get the increased baggage allowance for migrants all the way through even with stop over ) If we can't get it, then we'll just fly straight to Melbourne.
Anyone got any ideas? I've trawled a few sites ( Quantas,Austravel,Airline Network,TravelMood )but the prices are still a bit steep for one ways.
All ideas appreciated.
Head's a bit furry this morning after celebrating yesterdays visa grant!

Cheers guys,
*pearly*
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:57 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight prices to Oz for end of March

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
We're lookin to fly out of Glasgow or Edinburgh to Melbourne around 29th or 30th of March. Ideally we'd love to do a stop over ( providing we'll still get the increased baggage allowance for migrants all the way through even with stop over ) If we can't get it, then we'll just fly straight to Melbourne.
Anyone got any ideas? I've trawled a few sites ( Quantas,Austravel,Airline Network,TravelMood )but the prices are still a bit steep for one ways.
All ideas appreciated.

Cheers guys,
*pearly*
Pearly give Trailfinders a ring 0845 058 5858

We got some cheap flights to Oz with them last year Might be worth a try
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

All ideas appreciated.

Cheers guys,
*pearly*
What about Singapore Airlines direct - don't know the prices for March but so far they've been looking the best deal for us.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/index.jsp

Hope you find something suitable.

Ann
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:00 am
Just wanna be there

paul and Lynz will become famous soon enoughpaul and Lynz will become famous soon enough

Have you tried Cathay Pacific? not sure if they fly from glasgow or edinburgh though
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

All ideas appreciated.

Cheers guys,
*pearly*
We booked ours for 2nd April cos their prices go down on 31st March with singapore air. not sure about baggage allowance / stopover but have heard it's tricky. I did book them last October though so they may be booked up by now.
Incidentally, it was £358 + taxes per adult, £268 per child + taxes.

£2157 for 3 adults + 2 kids "all in".

HTH

Andy
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

We booked through wefly.com for the end of March with Emirates. Asda had pretty good deals on too www.asda.co.uk (go to the travel section)
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:03 am
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of

All ideas appreciated.

Cheers guys,
*pearly*
Hi Pearly
We booked our flights Monday with Qantas Migrant Flight 02086004342
We are flying from Heathrow to Perth 2 adults 2 children £1536.80 on 25th April gaurenteed the extra baggage aswell. Only thing is has to be direct flights only no stop overs i'm affraid.
Might be worth looking into.

Kate x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BertieB
What about Singapore Airlines direct - don't know the prices for March but so far they've been looking the best deal for us.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/index.jsp

Hope you find something suitable.

Ann
I can second this. When I have been looking at flights, booking direct with Singapore airlines seems the cheapest option. I have read on other threads that as long as you print off the email confirming the extra baggage allowance to show on your flight from Singapore to Aus you should be able to still get the extra baggage allowance. Worth phoning and enquiring.

Nicky x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:06 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for all those posts. I've tried Singapore airlines direct and one way prices are coming out at around £600+ which I wasn't too fussed on.
I've phoned Trailfinders and asked what offers they can give us! They said I'd be able to get the increased baggage allowance as long as I gave them a copy of our visa. That's WITH a stopover by the way.
So, I'll let you know what I decide.

If I'm not impressed with Trailfinders then Qantas are offering one way flights for £555 between 27th and 30th March. It's called a "dreamtime" offer. Would have to ask before booking if we were able to stop off on that one.
Check out the Qantas.co.uk site itself if your looking for those dates.

Cheers everyone,

*pearly*

Last edited by onepearlyb; Feb 7th 2007 at 1:08 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Thansk guys for all those posts. I've tried Singapore airlines direct and prices are coming out at around £600+ which I wasn't fussed on.
I've phoned Trailfinders and asked what offers they can give us! They said I'd be able to get the increased baggage allowance as long as I gave them a copy of our visa. That's WITH a stopover by the way.
So, I'l let you know what I decide.
If I'm not impressed with Trailfinders then Quantas are offering one way flights for £555 between 27th and 30th March. It's called a "dreamtime" offer.
Check out the site itself if your looking for those dates.

Cheers everyone,

*pearly*
Just be aware that SIA told me that as long as the visa itself wasn't stamped then we'd get the extra baggage but I've heard from loads of people that if you have already validated then it becomes a problem.
Don't know if you've validated ? we have but we're packing minimal clothing and it's all thin stuff cos we're going to cairns (no jumpers, coats etc) so we have 2 of our 5 suitcases empty at the moment (kids toys, flippers etc. to go in them)

Andy
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:21 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

Hi Andy,

We're going out to validate and not planning on coming back until next year sometime for a visit, so I don't suppose the visa itself will be stamped until we arrive in oz.
I'll definately get written confirmation first about being allowed extra baggage.
Cheers,

*pearly*
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice

I usually use travelsupermarket to do a search on flights/fares. The best I could find was £539.70 per person (inc tax) going on British Airways (that would be edinburgh or glasgow to london then london straight through to melbourne) on 29th march more expensive on 30th.

However if you can make your own way to London then the fare is a lot cheaper (e.g. you can go LHR to Melbourne on Qantas booking through e-bookers via Hong Kong for £483.90 each). If you book the Scotland to London bit yourselves e.g. by BMI baby/easyjet or something you could get it for £9.99 each for that bit!!!

Not sure how you'd sort out the extra baggage though as these offers tend to be online things. Another thing you can sometimes do is to do a price match thing with some of the travel agents.

Last edited by GracieK; Feb 7th 2007 at 3:07 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GracieK
I usually use travelsupermarket to do a search on flights/fares. The best I could find was £539.70 per person (inc tax) going on British Airways (that would be edinburgh or glasgow to london then london straight through to melbourne) on 29th march more expensive on 30th.

However if you can make your own way to London then the fare is a lot cheaper (e.g. you can go LHR to Melbourne on Qantas booking through e-bookers via Hong Kong for £483.90 each). If you book the Scotland to London bit yourselves e.g. by BMI baby/easyjet or something you could get it for £9.99 each!!!
Would you chance / rely on easyjet getting you there in time for your flight to Oz ?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice

Originally Posted by cadman
Would you chance / rely on easyjet getting you there in time for your flight to Oz ?
Yeah that's true...could be wrong type of snow or something
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:06 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

All ideas appreciated.

Cheers guys,
*pearly*
Hi Pearly,

We have been looking at dates ranging from the 18th of Feb to 15th of March.
We always use TRAVELBAG I have flown using them atleast 15 times of which 8 were Aus flights.

They quoted me £1800... This was leaving 20th of Feb right through to mid march.

It include a stopover in Washington DC for 1 week as well as 46kg allowance each.

2 adults and 2 kids.... Hope that helps x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.