flight prices

Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

sbailey1960 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flight prices

Hi, we are trying to book flights any three weeks from mid Jan to mid Mar but best quotes around £950 per person, any advise for cheaper flights welcome, many thanks Stuart
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice
Default Re: flight prices

Originally Posted by sbailey1960
Hi, we are trying to book flights any three weeks from mid Jan to mid Mar but best quotes around £950 per person, any advise for cheaper flights welcome, many thanks Stuart

Hi ya
Mid Jan is still high season.
have you tried
www.moneysupermarket.com
remember its a long flight. my friend went with a cheaper airline and wouldn't recommend it.
Try to go with airlines people recommend.
I hear singapore airlines are really good.
We went on holiday 2 years ago to Oz and used Malaysia airlines and they were fine, has no problems and check in staff were fantastic.
Good luck.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

sbailey1960 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, the price quoted was for singapore airlines in Feb, is this price normal for that time of year, from what ive read last minute bookings can be more expensive, regards Stuart
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

hi, the price quoted was for singapore airlines in Feb, is this price normal for that time of year, from what ive read last minute bookings can be more expensive, regards Stuart
It's summer in Oz so expect premium prices!
Kayak.com is a good place to search for good deals though!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Have a look here for details of typical flight prices.

The table towards the end shows average prices each month over the past year, but bear in mind that fuel prices are rising at the moment.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi, i have not been able to beat etihad airlines, esp if you are booking early!
We flew with Etihad at christmas and were really impressed, the leg room was good and we checked in online the day b4 flight and choose our seats (free of charge) and when we arrived at the airport we didn't have to queue we were advised to go straight to end desk and it took a few minutes!
The food was excellent and drinks and refreshment were constant. The entertainment was great also with over 30 movies and lots of favourite tv programmes and music albums!
Hope this helps and i am sure you will find a reasonably priced flight!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Hi, i have not been able to beat etihad airlines, esp if you are booking early!
We flew with Etihad at christmas and were really impressed, the leg room was good and we checked in online the day b4 flight and choose our seats (free of charge) and when we arrived at the airport we didn't have to queue we were advised to go straight to end desk and it took a few minutes!
The food was excellent and drinks and refreshment were constant. The entertainment was great also with over 30 movies and lots of favourite tv programmes and music albums!
Hope this helps and i am sure you will find a reasonably priced flight!
I have to agree, Etihad offer the best prices and in most cases the quickest flights (Sydney, not Brisbane)

I flew with them in October and the seats where very comfortable, went back further than most airlines, great service and onboard entertainment, oh and they will also throw in a free night in Abu Dhabi if you want.

2 things I did find annoying about them –
1: The food was not the best.
2: The blanket they have sticks to you, lol so don’t wear jeans – you come all the place completely covered in yellow fluff

But I’ll most likely be using them again to go back next year.

Mikey
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice

Sorry to butt in. Emirates have a good selection films and with your own player. Anyone know if Malaysia and Singapore airlines have the same ?

I'm finding these cheeper than Emirates.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paul & June
Sorry to butt in. Emirates have a good selection films and with your own player. Anyone know if Malaysia and Singapore airlines have the same ?

I'm finding these cheeper than Emirates.
Yep, both Singapore and Malaysian have in-flight entertainment with your own TV in the back of your seat (Singapore Airlines was actually the first in the world to have it in the back of every seat years ago).

They have pretty much the same as emirates regards Movies, Channels, Games etc. But on top of that I know Singapore have or are about to upgrade theirs even better so that all economy class seats also have access to the internet and full on demand programs and live tv.

But basically, entertainment wise they are all similar.

MIkey