British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   FLIGHT PRICES (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/flight-prices-544760/)

pinkjane08 Jun 23rd 2008 5:33 pm

FLIGHT PRICES

Is it just me not doing it right or are Quantas and Emirates ALOT more expensive than Singapore Air:ohmy:

MelbourneCityRach Jun 23rd 2008 8:32 pm

Re: FLIGHT PRICES

Yep, and singapore air is a LOT nicer so you're lucky really!!!! :p

Grayling Jun 23rd 2008 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by MelbourneCityRach (Post 6496401)
Yep, and singapore air is a LOT nicer so you're lucky really!!!! :p

...and Malaysian is even better.....and probably cheaper.

G

pinkjane08 Jun 23rd 2008 9:22 pm

Great thanks Ill have a look at them.

How can they vary in price so much - we're talking thousands for the 6 of us!:ohmy::ohmy:

DazBevo Jun 23rd 2008 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by pinkjane08 (Post 6495735)
Is it just me not doing it right or are Quantas and Emirates ALOT more expensive than Singapore Air:ohmy:

hi, we just booked Singapore to perth in oct and they were at least £150 cheaper than Quantos with much better connection aswell!!:thumbsup:

UK-2-OZ Jun 23rd 2008 11:54 pm

I have just been looking at flights in December for family and Emirates came back cheaper than Singapore for 9th December, it amazed me as usually Singapore are the cheapest and best. So keep shopping around. We went on a travel agent site and they quoted 5000gbp per ticket:ohmy:

Mikeyc Jun 23rd 2008 11:57 pm

Can people please stop putting a “u” in Qantas! It drives me nuts!

On topic, Etihad are excellent, Then I would say Malaysian, then Singapore, Then BA.

Qantas are not what they make themselves out to be, I was expecting so much more and so disappointed.

Mikey

datamile Jun 24th 2008 12:23 am

As in Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services ... strangely based in Sydney ;)

Bit like my mum sending cards to Queenlands

DunRoaminTheUK Jun 24th 2008 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Mikeyc (Post 6496961)
Can people please stop putting a “u” in Qantas! It drives me nuts!

On topic, Etihad are excellent, Then I would say Malaysian, then Singapore, Then BA.

Qantas are not what they make themselves out to be, I was expecting so much more and so disappointed.

Mikey

I wonder if the new Quantuas A380 will be cheaper or more expensive?

Mikeyc Jun 24th 2008 4:22 am

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK (Post 6497134)
I wonder if the new Quantuas A380 will be cheaper or more expensive?

Well considering to advertise the launch they sold return tickets last week from Sydney to Los Angeles for a total price of $380, so who knows?.

But again, this is Qantas we are talking about, they are just a big rip off.

Mikey

DunRoaminTheUK Jun 24th 2008 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Mikeyc (Post 6497435)
Well considering to advertise the launch they sold return tickets last week from Sydney to Los Angeles for a total price of $380, so who knows?.

But again, this is Qantas we are talking about, they are just a big rip off.

Mikey

I place no faith in Quantus at all. Qauntuus are one of the worst airlines there are.

chrispy Jun 24th 2008 5:33 am

Emirates and Singapore vary the prices of the flights frequently and while one day one will be cheaper, look a few weeks later and it will eb the other way around.