flight to nz

Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:04 am
Just Joined

night-owl is an unknown quantity at this point
Question flight to nz

Guitarman.....

I figure that we are considering taking the same leap of faith that you have... taking all your warnings onboard.
Is it correct then that you have flown out on a 6 month open ticket (return ) ?

Additionally does anyone know if there are any ristrictions that mean our dalmation cannot fly out with us on this leap of faith (bearing in mind we will not have any visa apart from the standard vistors visas ?) .. always accepting of course the £££££ we will be charged by the pet exporter.

Ta,
night owl
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:31 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I don't see any problem taking Spot with you - the problem will be bringing it back.

However, if the dog has its rabies jab before you go, and you spend at least 6 months in NZ before returning, you won't have to put it through quarantine.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 11:11 am
Just Joined

night-owl is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

OK...thanks for info...

fingers and paws crossed that we never have to use the return route then egh !

Old Nov 25th 2003, 12:11 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I am in the process of sorting out my pooch and DEFRA are sending me a load of info and forms, so anything else I should be well equipped to answer!

One thing I have found out is that if you do bring your dog back, Quantas are the only approved airline to do it.

I don't know if the same applies to NZ - anyone else know?

I rather wanted to go out with Singapore Airlines purely because it is the shortest route in the air for her and only one stopover.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:30 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: flight to nz

Originally posted by night-owl
Guitarman.....

I figure that we are considering taking the same leap of faith that you have... taking all your warnings onboard.

Additionally does anyone know if there are any ristrictions that mean our dalmation cannot fly out with us on this leap of faith (bearing in mind we will not have any visa apart from the standard vistors visas ?) .. always accepting of course the £££££ we will be charged by the pet exporter.

Ta,
night owl
Hi there,

We came out on 12 month visas and one way tickets, so we have a little time to try and clean the sh*t off the fan before we head back. It's a daily rollercoaster of feelings as to whether we'll stay / here / together...whatever..

You can bring the dog, but make sure you have a rabies shot done or he'll have to go into Quarantine on your return (if you go back). Its mad as NZ has never had a case of rabies, yet dogs and cats from the UK do not need a rabies vaccine to come into NZ. To go back, they do.....

If you do come out on 1 way tickets you'll need to show you have the funds to support yourselves whilt here and enough for a return ticket...

Rich
Old Nov 25th 2003, 11:29 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: flight to nz

Originally posted by night-owl
Guitarman.....

Ta,
night owl
Here's what I posted elsewhere - this is what we are finding is the case now.....beware !!!

Hi there,

Is anyone aware that employers in NZ are currently refusing anyone work who is not a resident. We have tried dozens of agencies and employers directly in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington etc, and are being told that as we are non-residents they cannot deal with job applications from us. Even with a 12 month work permit they are not too keen to put people forward for position in case there is a problem with eventual residency.....

Checking the NZIS site, all I can see is that the prospective employer would need to get an Approval in Principle from the NZIS in order to employ someone on a WHV. However, this may be enough to deter them from employing someone. If this is the case, our options are becoming limited by the day....

Even with a 9 month Visa off the back of my LTBV employers have shown objection to the short viability of it, despite guarantees that it would be extended a further 27 months upon expiration. Basically, they want a long term work visa beforehand or permanent residency only.

All I can say to anyone attempting to come over on a Tourist/WHV is don't bother unless you have a job offer or are on the Occupational Shortage List.

I give up, I really do.....

When one door slams, so does the other....

Rich.