Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FLIGHT CONNECTIONS

FLIGHT CONNECTIONS

Old May 7th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default FLIGHT CONNECTIONS

when you fly to Australia with a connection flight am I correct in saying the second flight is held for you if the first is delayed and there is no danger of missing the connection?
Old May 7th 2009, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

terrier1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLIGHT CONNECTIONS

no, they are not. just get booked onto the next available flight.
Old May 7th 2009, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Nope but if you have booked with an airline and are continuing on with them and have chosen flights within the accepted turn around times then they will usually move you on to another flight if you miss yours. If you are running close to time then they have been known to rush people through with a bit of a priority but you still have the baggage collection issues and any customs processes if arriving internationally. And if all that fails, take out travel insurance, that will cover it as long as you havent been ridiculous and not allowed enough transfer time.
Old May 7th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

the connection flights are automatically coming up in my search and are approx 2 hours apart with same airline
Old May 7th 2009, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by garyp
the connection flights are automatically coming up in my search and are approx 2 hours apart with same airline
When you book you do need to make sure that you allow a decent length of time between arrival and departure. We have found that if you book connecting flights and the incoming flight is delayed they will rush you through so that you make the connection. If the delay is too much and it is impossible to put you on the connecting flight, they will then reschedule you for the next available flight. 2 hours should be plenty to allow you to arrive and disembark before getting to the next flight. Baggage is usually booked through to your destination so you have no worries about collecting it, checking in etc etc..... Hope this helps.
Old May 7th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for replies
Old May 7th 2009, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
No worries then, they will take care of you once you have checked in with your first flight. If they tout them as possible combinations on their booking forms they will have calculated the timings. I have never been let down yet even though occasionally I have been a smidgeon anxious especially at Sydney changing from domestic to international terminal - not yet had an issue though.