Reload this Page >

Flight Conections

Flight Conections

Old Apr 8th 2004, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight Conections

Hi everybody.

Leaving for Melbourne on April 19, and will be conecting in Sydney because route direct to Melbourne was full.

Just read that the national and international terminals are separated by 1.6km, and started to worry about how actually is the conection process.

Do your bags get directly transfered to the second flight or should you take out your bags and check them in again?

How do people doing conections get from one terminal to the other? any prefered mean of transport?

I would appreciate any advice on these issues from people ho have done it.

Thanks in advance...

Enrique.-
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:20 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flight Conections

Originally posted by evila
Hi everybody.

Leaving for Melbourne on April 19, and will be conecting in Sydney because route direct to Melbourne was full.

Just read that the national and international terminals are separated by 1.6km, and started to worry about how actually is the conection process.

Do your bags get directly transfered to the second flight or should you take out your bags and check them in again?

How do people doing conections get from one terminal to the other? any prefered mean of transport?

I would appreciate any advice on these issues from people ho have done it.

Thanks in advance...

Enrique.-
It depends on the flight you are connecting to. There are a couple of domestic flights that are actually international (they usually connect to an international destination via an Australian city) and you would have to clear customs and immigration in Melbourne. QF001 - QF399 are international flights and go from the international terminal.

If you connect to a domestic flight you would have to clear customs and immigration at Sydney airport. I guess Qantas have a check in facility you can use at the international terminal.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

My flight is QF423 so probably will depart from the National terminal...

Anyone have experience on this? also, have anyone experience on how will baggage allowance be considered?

Thanks to anyone who can advise...

Enrique.-

Originally posted by bondipom
It depends on the flight you are connecting to. There are a couple of domestic flights that are actually international (they usually connect to an international destination via an Australian city) and you would have to clear customs and immigration in Melbourne. QF001 - QF399 are international flights and go from the international terminal.

If you connect to a domestic flight you would have to clear customs and immigration at Sydney airport. I guess Qantas have a check in facility you can use at the international terminal.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 11:31 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by evila
My flight is QF423 so probably will depart from the National terminal...

Anyone have experience on this? also, have anyone experience on how will baggage allowance be considered?

Thanks to anyone who can advise...

Enrique.-
http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...port/transfers

From the International Terminal to Terminals 2 and 3
Proceed through immigration
Collect bags and clear Customs
Follow signs to Qantas Transfer Lounge
Relodge baggage
Take the terminal transfer bus to Terminal 3*. Buses operate every 10-20 minutes from 6.00am to 9.40pm.
* Please Note: The bus will arrive at Terminal 3. If your flight departs from Terminal 2, follow the signs to Terminal 2 via the Airport Link rail walkway.
Old Apr 9th 2004, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bondipom,

That was exactly the information I was looking for...

Guess didn´t try hard enought in the Qantas website.

Thank you very much...

Enrique.-

Originally posted by bondipom
http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...port/transfers

From the International Terminal to Terminals 2 and 3
Proceed through immigration
Collect bags and clear Customs
Follow signs to Qantas Transfer Lounge
Relodge baggage
Take the terminal transfer bus to Terminal 3*. Buses operate every 10-20 minutes from 6.00am to 9.40pm.
* Please Note: The bus will arrive at Terminal 3. If your flight departs from Terminal 2, follow the signs to Terminal 2 via the Airport Link rail walkway.