Flight Classes

Old Jul 7th 2006, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

saltrock67 has a spectacular aura aboutsaltrock67 has a spectacular aura aboutsaltrock67 has a spectacular aura about
Default Flight Classes

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between classes when flying economy. eg Emirates class b £1300 for two,or class m £1700 for 2,i thought economy seats were all the same to be honest.

Steve & Debbie.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 7:57 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight Classes

Originally Posted by saltrock67
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between classes when flying economy. eg Emirates class b £1300 for two,or class m £1700 for 2,i thought economy seats were all the same to be honest.

Steve & Debbie.
There is usually bog standard and premier economy but to be honest looking at those two quotes if they are one way its to be hoped they are offering something special
We are hoping to fly out in October with Singapore Airlines (who we've used before and were well impressed with ) and have been quoted just under £900 for two.

Loz x
Old Jul 7th 2006, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

saltrock67 has a spectacular aura aboutsaltrock67 has a spectacular aura aboutsaltrock67 has a spectacular aura about

They are return flights,not one way.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 8:48 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Steve & Debbie.
The airlines (ALL) allocate a limited number of seats under different fares, which usually means the earlier you book, the cheaper groups of seats available are and the later you book the dearer they become. It still doesn't mean you get a better seat in economy as people who book direct with airline get first choice of the better seats eg aisle seat near exit hatch, than people who book through an agent.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve & Debbie.
Some airlines have a Premium Economy class where they have business-class sized seats in the economy section.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 12:20 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Some airlines have a Premium Economy class where they have business-class sized seats in the economy section.
Not Emirates though who still have quite old equipment still and even the first class doesnt match up to Singapore/Cathay/Malaysian business class.

The difference between a B and and M is merely fare calculation. Both are discounted ticket prices, one offered by a consolidator and the other a group block agent booking. Both are economy and will offer no better seats than the other since the seat pitch in the economy cabin is uniform.

Personally I would prefer Malaysian economy due to the extra 2" seat pitch.