Flight Centre

Old May 8th 2008, 3:50 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough
Default Flight Centre

Just a quick question, has anyone had any problems booking through a Flight Centre? I've had two quotes for a trip back to the UK and their taxes are quite a bit less than the other quoter so the cynical bit of me worries they'll take the booking then miraculously they'll go up. Has anyone else had this issue?

They seem nice enough, don't get me wrong, and the girl has been extremely helpful so there's only this nagging worry that's stopping me booking it.

Old May 8th 2008, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Flight Centre

Originally Posted by Pinkie
Just a quick question, has anyone had any problems booking through a Flight Centre? I've had two quotes for a trip back to the UK and their taxes are quite a bit less than the other quoter so the cynical bit of me worries they'll take the booking then miraculously they'll go up. Has anyone else had this issue?

They seem nice enough, don't get me wrong, and the girl has been extremely helpful so there's only this nagging worry that's stopping me booking it.

I booked with them recently (not to UK though) and found them the cheapest place to book with.
I would ask them and double check any worries.
Old May 8th 2008, 3:54 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I booked with them recently (not to UK though) and found them the cheapest place to book with.
I would ask them and double check any worries.
I've asked her twice to confirm that's all I have to pay - I think she thinks I'm a bit simple now!! Do you think the cost will go up or down if I keep pestering her
Old May 8th 2008, 3:57 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I've asked her twice to confirm that's all I have to pay - I think she thinks I'm a bit simple now!! Do you think the cost will go up or down if I keep pestering her
Anything is worth a try

If the tax is cheap i wouldn't complain.
Old May 8th 2008, 4:01 am
Playing the game

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Anything is worth a try

If the tax is cheap i wouldn't complain.
You're not kidding, I've been amazed by the difference booking the trip from here compared to when we came here from the UK. I think it's because it the tax bit that I'm worried, I thought that was an imposed thing rather than being flexible so I'm wary of the difference from two respected travel agents - it's $370 difference.

Did you find them ok with getting details correct, tickets right etc?

Thanks btw
Old May 8th 2008, 4:04 am
Account Closed

You're not kidding, I've been amazed by the difference booking the trip from here compared to when we came here from the UK. I think it's because it the tax bit that I'm worried, I thought that was an imposed thing rather than being flexible so I'm wary of the difference from two respected travel agents - it's $370 difference.

Did you find them ok with getting details correct, tickets right etc?

Thanks btw
For us, flight centre were brilliant, got good deals, great hotels, no problems at all. Tickets came next day after booking.
Old May 8th 2008, 4:08 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

If they've offered you a price INC taxes and it turns out to be their mistake then they will have to honour their price and wear the cost of the mistake themselves. The only way taxes could legitamately vary is if its a different route (i.e. routing through HKG is cheaper than SIN - and going through SYD is more expensive than any other Australian airport)

You're right taxes should be consistent no matter who you book through - so it sounds like they stuffed up!

My father-in-law recently got a return trip to Philippines for the price of a one-way because the Flight Centre chick cocked up and quoted the wrong price! The FC store manager was pretty upset but issued the ticket without any argument.. (I'd hate to hear what was said to the poor girl once no customers were around!)
Old May 8th 2008, 4:16 am
Playing the game

Originally Posted by DadAgain
If they've offered you a price INC taxes and it turns out to be their mistake then they will have to honour their price and wear the cost of the mistake themselves. The only way taxes could legitamately vary is if its a different route (i.e. routing through HKG is cheaper than SIN - and going through SYD is more expensive than any other Australian airport)

You're right taxes should be consistent no matter who you book through - so it sounds like they stuffed up!

My father-in-law recently got a return trip to Philippines for the price of a one-way because the Flight Centre chick cocked up and quoted the wrong price! The FC store manager was pretty upset but issued the ticket without any argument.. (I'd hate to hear what was said to the poor girl once no customers were around!)
It's exactly the same route, times and everything. I know if they quote and have got it wrong they should honour the price but could they up them considerably under this banner of ''taxes may be subject to change before full payment is received'? We're not travelling til December so don't want to have to pay everything now.

Your father in law did really well there, I wonder how many times it happens the other way round though
Old May 8th 2008, 4:34 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used Flight Centre a couple of times. They were the cheapest when we had to fly back to the UK last year. Very happy to use them again.

I was also happy with the hotels I booked through their www.quickbeds.com website.
Old May 8th 2008, 4:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to California next month and found that the cheapest fares were direct with Singapore Airlines website.
Old May 8th 2008, 4:43 am
Playing the game

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I've used Flight Centre a couple of times. They were the cheapest when we had to fly back to the UK last year. Very happy to use them again.

I was also happy with the hotels I booked through their www.quickbeds.com website.
Thanks Martin Luther, and thanks for the hotel tip too. Got all the fun of looking for hotels next!!

Amazulu, I did have a look at the airlines direct but as we're going round the world I found it quite hard to get a definitive quote based on all my requirements. Or maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place? What's your route to California from here if you don't mind me asking? Do you have to go via Singapore?
Old May 8th 2008, 4:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Martin Luther, and thanks for the hotel tip too. Got all the fun of looking for hotels next!!

Amazulu, I did have a look at the airlines direct but as we're going round the world I found it quite hard to get a definitive quote based on all my requirements. Or maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place? What's your route to California from here if you don't mind me asking? Do you have to go via Singapore?
I don't have to go via Singapore but it is much cheaper to do it this way. I'm flying on Tiger (low cost airline) from Perth to Singapore and then SIA to San Francisco (flight stops in Hong Kong to refuel). This works out about $1200 cheaper than Perth-Sydney-SF on Qantas - a significant saving. It's a more long-winded route but in reality only takes a few more hours than Qantas. Annoyingly, I have enough airmiles to do this with Qantas but cannot get a frequent flyer flight with them.
Old May 8th 2008, 4:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
He/she wouldn't have to say much to the agent....the way Flight Centre works is that if you make a mistake you pay for it. So it's not a case that the mistake is written off by FC...the agent will have had the cost of the mistake deducted from her commision!

Also, the price isn't guaranteed until ticketed, so a quote can go up, but once ticketed they can't ask you for more $'s.
Old May 8th 2008, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

It's exactly the same route, times and everything. I know if they quote and have got it wrong they should honour the price but could they up them considerably under this banner of ''taxes may be subject to change before full payment is received'? We're not travelling til December so don't want to have to pay everything now.

Your father in law did really well there, I wonder how many times it happens the other way round though
When we went OS last yr, taxes/levies were around the $500 pp and that was cheap as it was asian airline, qantas etc were more the 600/700 taxes and fuel levy on TOP of the fare.

Yet this year I have noticed travel agents are advertising inc $176 taxes now there is no way they have dropped in fact most went up in may. I suspect the fuel levy is not being included.

Are the total taxes/levies per person around the $600 a person + , if not I would ask for a breakdown of what you are quoted, does it include taxes and fuel levy in other words.

Bloody nightmare the cost isnt it All of our kids are classed as adult fares now, might as well live on Mars the price of it
Old May 8th 2008, 5:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
When we went OS last yr, taxes/levies were around the $500 pp and that was cheap as it was asian airline, qantas etc were more the 600/700 taxes and fuel levy on TOP of the fare.

Yet this year I have noticed travel agents are advertising inc $176 taxes now there is no way they have dropped in fact most went up in may. I suspect the fuel levy is not being included.

Are the total taxes/levies per person around the $600 a person + , if not I would ask for a breakdown of what you are quoted, does it include taxes and fuel levy in other words.

Bloody nightmare the cost isnt it All of our kids are classed as adult fares now, might as well live on Mars the price of it
As far as I know the only airline who includes the fuel surcharges as part of the base fare is Emirates so their taxes on a return to the UK are low...in the $200 range.

You have to be very careful when shopping if the fully inclusive fare is not shown....it can make Emirates look expensive compared to others when they are in fact the cheapest option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.