flight

Old Apr 4th 2004, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

summersnanny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flight

my son and family have now been in perth for 7 weeks and we miss them so very much,my husband and i hope to go out in a few months time but i am terrified of the long journey but i know i must do this, i just want to get there as quick as we can, any suggestions, nice ones please i am 67yrs can email now text my family and i have web cam anything to keep in touch with my wonderfull family, i just long to see them
Old Apr 4th 2004, 6:53 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice
Default Re: flight

Originally posted by summersnanny
my son and family have now been in perth for 7 weeks and we miss them so very much,my husband and i hope to go out in a few months time but i am terrified of the long journey but i know i must do this, i just want to get there as quick as we can, any suggestions, nice ones please i am 67yrs can email now text my family and i have web cam anything to keep in touch with my wonderfull family, i just long to see them
use the search box at the top of the page. type ailines/ flights in and press enter this should list all the old posts with info flight companies and peoples experiences with airlines
Old Apr 4th 2004, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just come back from a week long reckie in Perth and found the flights not too bad . I flew from Birmingham to Dubai and then on to Perth after a 2 hour stop over .

My advice would be to just sit back and take it all in your stride , they feed you at regular intervals , you can sleep when you want and there is plenty of films to watch to wile away the hours and although there not the most comfortable seats in the world you can relax and the leg room isn`t that bad .

Although I am younger than you there was a large amount of older travellers who seemed to cope fine on my flights .

Peolpe have said that its a good idea to stop over in Dubai for a couple of days to break up the journey but I would bite the bullet and get it all over and done with in one fell swoop , then at least your there and can spend a day or so adapting to the jet lag.

Hope all goes well.

Dave ( using wifes log in as I couldn`t be bothered to change it to mine )
Old Apr 4th 2004, 7:03 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I have a real phobia of flying but I've managed to do the London -Brisbane trip three times in the past year so if I can anyone can!!

Singapore airlines are very good and inbetween eating and watching movies the time soon goes. Singapore airport is lovely and a good place to stop over.
I've also flown with Emirates who were also good.
Because the journey is spilt in two it goes quite quickly especially if you're flying into Perth because the second leg of the flight is relatively short.

So take plenty of reading and maybe get a night flight so you have more chance of sleeping.

Good Luck
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: flight

Originally posted by summersnanny
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

thank you all for telling me about your flights i really do feel a lot better , i will let you all know how i get on, thanks so much