Flies and stuff

Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road
Default Flies and stuff

In Sydney there were alot of flies, but after awhile you sorta get use to them.. what are the flying insects like in other parts of Oz?
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flies and stuff

Alright I guess. I don't take a lot of notice so I guess they're not too bad Even in places where it is bad, it's only like that for a month or so. It's not a year round problem as far as I'm aware
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessy69
In Sydney there were alot of flies, but after awhile you sorta get use to them.. what are the flying insects like in other parts of Oz?
six legs, buzz about.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

sorry...
I've heard that flies are worse this year (can't say I've noticed) in Brisbane because of the drought. Apparently there's a bug that eats fly eggs (larvae??) and its population has dwindled through lack of water.
J
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:50 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Alright I guess. I don't take a lot of notice so I guess they're not too bad Even in places where it is bad, it's only like that for a month or so. It's not a year round problem as far as I'm aware
think there's someone who may disagree with you there
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:51 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Perth is renown for having a flies problem but it is really only an issue for about 6 weeks around November. Apparently they live on animal dung inland and are blown in with an easterly wind. The dung beetle breeding season is a few weeks behind but once they hatch they eat dung and there are less flies. With the heat of mid-summer we tend to get strong breezes (the Fremantle Doctor) from off the sea as the land heats up during the day which is in the opposite direction and so helps keep them away.

You just get used to them and do the "Australian Salute" to swish them away.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by worzel
Perth is renown for having a flies problem but it is really only an issue for about 6 weeks around November. Apparently they live on animal dung inland and are blown in with an easterly wind. The dung beetle breeding season is a few weeks behind but once they hatch they eat dung and there are less flies. With the heat of mid-summer we tend to get strong breezes (the Fremantle Doctor) from off the sea as the land heats up during the day which is in the opposite direction and so helps keep them away.

You just get used to them and do the "Australian Salute" to swish them away.
Thanks. Cork bobbed hat it is then.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul30
think there's someone who may disagree with you there
Only one? You surprise me Just my opinion of what I've seen and heard. Who gets them all year? FNQ or Darwin I guess. Don't know, don't care if they don't bother me
Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

Flies pretty non existent (so far) round Eumundi. It's the jovially named Christmas beetles that annoy the hell out of me with their stupid bouncing off yer head routine. :curse:
Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:29 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Cork bobbed hat it is then.
I tried that once at an Aussie themed party in the UK and nearly took my eye out You can buy a net to go over your hat and face but you would have to have no self-respect to wear it.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:30 am
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future

The flies in Brissie seem worse than they were last year - current theory is because of early spring storms that blew a lot of them in from the interior.

I was in Melbourne last week, though, and they are REALLY bad there. Lot's of people running round the streets looking like they are waving semaphore at each other...
Old Dec 20th 2007, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budgie
The flies in Brissie seem worse than they were last year - current theory is because of early spring storms that blew a lot of them in from the interior.

I was in Melbourne last week, though, and they are REALLY bad there. Lot's of people running round the streets looking like they are waving semaphore at each other...
No problem here in Hobart.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 3:46 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
No problem here in Hobart.
But what about the polar bears?
Old Dec 20th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
But what about the polar bears?
All scared off by the drop bears
Old Dec 20th 2007, 4:34 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
you mean you havent done an interstate analysis , comparison and demographic of our insectoids?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.