the flies

Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:08 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default the flies

now considering most people say they this is the worst year for ages for flies...they werent that bad where they?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the flies

Originally Posted by aston man
now considering most people say they this is the worst year for ages for flies...they werent that bad where they?
Oh I dunno you know!

People moan about the spiders etc, but personally the flies drive me bloody nuts!

Am I a piece of poo? ... (don't answer! ... ) ... I think the flies think so! ... :curse:

I want Mortein to make a 'personal' version which I can carry around so when I'm trying to eat outside in a restaurant / cafe ... I can blast the buggers! ... they certainly don't like the stuff! ...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:02 pm
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

In the 1970s there was a brilliant add about flies and mortein.

Louie the fly Louie the fly straight form garbage bin to you, spreading disease with the greatest of ease. This was in black and white as I remember with Louie buzzing around with a grin on his face until "Here comes the man with the can of mortein".It soon wiped the smile of Louie's face has he falls dead over the garbage bin.

Great ad Aussies are very good at this sort of thing.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluejohn
In the 1970s there was a brilliant add about flies and mortein.

Louie the fly Louie the fly straight form garbage bin to you, spreading disease with the greatest of ease. This was in black and white as I remember with Louie buzzing around with a grin on his face until "Here comes the man with the can of mortein".It soon wiped the smile of Louie's face has he falls dead over the garbage bin.

Great ad Aussies are very good at this sort of thing.
... yeah they certainly don't like it!

One clean hit and they go do a mad dive to the floor and spin around for a sec or two then stop!

Quite cruel I spose when you think about it!

Yeah! ... I care don't I! ...

UNLIKE bloody Huntsmen spiders that PTSL when you chase em with it! ... :curse:
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

They were awful, worst year (our third summer) for us, but luckily they're disappearing and the last ones are becoming very dopey....

I am happy to put up with flies though, it's European wasps I cant stand and thankfully we have none here
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
They were awful, worst year (our third summer) for us, but luckily they're disappearing and the last ones are becoming very dopey....

I am happy to put up with flies though, it's European wasps I cant stand and thankfully we have none here
I thought they were worse in 2005. They seem to have hung around for a few weeks longer this year though.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:15 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon it's the worst in 5 years but having said that I have a big dog which I didn't have before and the yard where he shits and pisses smells like a 3rd world zoo.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man
Hi Aston man,

I think they've been really bad so far this year so on a recommendation from a friend I bought a fly catcher from ebay. This thing is a plastic disk with a weird tube in the centre. You bait it up and the flys are supposed to go in and not be able to get out.

When it rocked up I duely read the instructions, add water to a bucket, bait it with something dead (I chose a fish finger - peeled of course) and leave to stew in sun for a couple of days.

I came back from work to find that OH had been round to the butcher and stuffed half a cow into the thing. I looked at it and thought "bit excessive" but decided to leave it. At this point the thing was under the pergola as this is where the majority of flies seem to be. 3 days later i'm doing a bit of painting when I get a whiff of something that can only be described as satans breath. I walk over to the the fly catcher and have a look. Jesus Christ! There are about 600 flies trying to get into this maggot ridden broth from the very depths of hell and the stink is quite curious.

Cue boiling water and after donning a pair of rubber gloves I had to move the the whole reeking setup right down the bottom of the garden. Have to say that all the neighbours are really happy as every fly in our village is partying over at our place.

While we are on the subject whats with the fly that follows you all the way down to foodland, perpetually bouncing about in front of your face, waits outside while you do your shopping and then bounces about in front of your face all the way home. These are unique little creatures indeed.

Oh and the mosquitos....
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
H

While we are on the subject whats with the fly that follows you all the way down to foodland, perpetually bouncing about in front of your face, waits outside while you do your shopping and then bounces about in front of your face all the way home. These are unique little creatures indeed.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I've just sprayed in the kitchen and there is now 23! dead flies on the floor.

Off to do the living room next....
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:18 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the ones that stick to the fly screens whilst I'm cooking that fascinate me. They swarm together, cling on for dear life, then if the door gets opened even a tiny fraction, whooooosh...invasion.

Good job I have a cat that has mastered the fly catching swipe! I needn't feed her, she eats that many flies during the day!
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
It's the ones that stick to the fly screens whilst I'm cooking that fascinate me. They swarm together, cling on for dear life, then if the door gets opened even a tiny fraction, whooooosh...invasion.

Good job I have a cat that has mastered the fly catching swipe! I needn't feed her, she eats that many flies during the day!
I swallowed one whilst walking the dog yesterday evening. Tasty.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:36 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmmmm...thinking about this now....do flies have noses to be able to smell the food cooking?
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmm...thinking about this now....do flies have noses to be able to smell the food cooking?
Maybe your food smells like sh*t !!
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Maybe your food smells like sh*t !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.