Flies

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:16 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Angry Flies

I always expected flies in Oz but this many??!! Is it just SA suffering from an invasion of the little bastards? Can't go anywhere without getting covered. An Irish fella who has lived in the area for many years told me that this is by far the worst he's ever known it. Any theories people?
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:19 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Flies

Originally Posted by Kentish Man
I always expected flies in Oz but this many??!! Is it just SA suffering from an invasion of the little bastards? Can't go anywhere without getting covered. An Irish fella who has lived in the area for many years told me that this is by far the worst he's ever known it. Any theories people?

Okay up here in the Sunshine State!
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:27 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Good, coz that's where I'll be sometime in January once I escape the evil clutches of the in-laws!

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:29 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Good, coz that's where I'll be sometime in January once I escape the evil clutches of the in-laws!

Muhahhahahahaha <evil laugh>

Unfortunately my in-laws are also here.... literally across the road as luck would have it
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't talk too much in case they fly in your mouth,

Don't know about flies, but to keep the mossies away eat a clove of garlic a day........and it keeps away leaches in case you go off the beaten track....
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

There was a thread about this a while ago. Something to do about bushflies coming in from the interior. Apparently its the female flies trying to get protein from your sweat to develop their ovaries, they are also hoping that you will have a dump so they can feed off it :scared: The excessive numbers this year could be down to the strange weather we have had the past 3 months. The bloody bastards are all over the place in Sydney as well.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 3:24 am
wombat42

l don't know why people complain about spiders, l love spiders compared to flies, if a spider sees you it quickly crawls out of your way and leaves you alone, while flies follow you around in packs of hundreds crawling over your face in your eyes and mouth, really pissing you off, l wish they could all be exterminated.

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 3:29 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mlbonner
We are pretty lucky up here in SE QLD, not having those flies that seem to land on peoples faces all the time. I see it on the TV, and would hate to live in an area that had them all the time.

I heard they get them over in Perth area aswell ?

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 4:05 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wombat42
l don't know why people complain about spiders, l love spiders compared to flies, if a spider sees you it quickly crawls out of your way and leaves you alone, while flies follow you around in packs of hundreds crawling over your face in your eyes and mouth, really pissing you off, l wish they could all be exterminated.
Hirundo neoxena - Welcome Swallow :

Encourage these little cuties around your house - superb fly catchers. They like to nest in a cool dry spot with a clear drop of at least 2 metres to the ground - where safe from cats etc - and with nearby mud and water. Perfect spots are on the top ledge of a window under the eaves. They especially like garages and such where their is a high narrow gap they can fly through. A bit of mess when building their mud nests and poop on the walls but a small price to pay to keep the flies down and for enjoyment watching them from the verandah of an evening.

They migrate from Qld to the south during mid spring.

Last edited by Quinkana; Dec 22nd 2004 at 4:09 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:09 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
We are pretty lucky up here in SE QLD, not having those flies that seem to land on peoples faces all the time. I see it on the TV, and would hate to live in an area that had them all the time.

The worst flies I have experienced were whilst walking round Cressbrook reservoir not far from Brisbane so they do occur there as well.

G
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:18 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Grayling
The worst flies I have experienced were whilst walking round Cressbrook reservoir not far from Brisbane so they do occur there as well.

G
That's 150km Inland West of me, I stick to the coast area now

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

That's 150km Inland West of me, I stick to the coast area now
I suspect the coasts, especially where there is a breeze, are better any way flywise.

G
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:21 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we get em in Perth too, although it seems as though they come early over here, around the start of Nov just when you get a few warm days.
Im guessing they all hatch in the warm weather then we get a colder snap for a few days and most of them die off. There normally gone by the end of the year, (at least at the coast and in the city) not sure about inland though.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:25 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Known as the national wave, flapping your hand in front of your face.

You could always get one of those attractive hats with the netting....I think not.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:49 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Known as the national wave, flapping your hand in front of your face.

You could always get one of those attractive hats with the netting....I think not.
You have no pluck - a few old designs, a touch up or two, a bit of marketing and a you would become a fashion czar not a follower of fashion:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.