Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Five sleeps to go!!!

Five sleeps to go!!!

Old Dec 26th 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Five sleeps to go!!!

Now Christmas is over it's so close I can almost touch it!!! I can't believe we are going to live in Oz in less than a week! I'm ecstatic and petrified all at the same time! Is anyone else going soon and do you feel like this? I feel like I'm about to step on to the biggest roller coaster ever! :scared: I hope I'm not sick!!! Jo
Old Dec 26th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default Re: Five sleeps to go!!!

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Now Christmas is over it's so close I can almost touch it!!! I can't believe we are going to live in Oz in less than a week! I'm ecstatic and petrified all at the same time! Is anyone else going soon and do you feel like this? I feel like I'm about to step on to the biggest roller coaster ever! :scared: I hope I'm not sick!!! Jo

Hi

Wish it was me.
We have 5 months to go.
Im so excited for you.
Let us all know how you get on and good luck.

Beth

Last edited by zbettyboop; Dec 26th 2005 at 3:27 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I know just how you feel as I was the same last year. Due to family reasons we are in the UK for Chrostmas but fly back to Brisbane on 9th January.

The enormity of what we had done hit me more I think once in Brisbane but this is probably due to the fact that we have still got our house so in a way only felt like I was going on a long holiday.

I hope you have a good flight and depending on where you settle, I could well bump into you round and about.

Amanda
Old Dec 26th 2005, 3:33 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Yep this time in two weeks I'll be on the plane starting descent into Sydney!! Whoooooo hooooooo

It kinda feels like I'm going on a long holiday??? It's weird??? Its all too surreal at the moment....I'm sure my feelings will change when I'm on that plane!

Good luck. Which part are ya settling in?

Rachel
Old Dec 26th 2005, 4:18 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie
Y Its all too surreal at the moment....I'm sure my feelings will change when I'm on that plane!
me too - surreal is also cleaning garden equipment on Boxing Day!

we have still shippers & flights to book, but it should be less than 60 sleeps to go and that is scary/exciting enough never mind just 5

All the best
Old Dec 26th 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Glad to hear I'm not on my own! Been packing solidly for the last 2 days as hubby has been working (need the overtime!!). Got our party on Thursday night which I am dreading! A few weeks ago it seemed like a good idea but now I'm not so sure!

We are flying to Brisbane and are going to live in Manly. We've got 4 kids so I apologise in advance to anyone who is currently enjoying the peace and quiet there!! I'm dreading not having any friends so if anyone wants to take pity on me it will be much appreciated!!

And for those of you who are still waiting for your visa's - hang on in there because once you've got them it's scary how quick it comes round! :scared:
Old Dec 26th 2005, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear I'm not on my own! Been packing solidly for the last 2 days as hubby has been working (need the overtime!!). Got our party on Thursday night which I am dreading! A few weeks ago it seemed like a good idea but now I'm not so sure!

We are flying to Brisbane and are going to live in Manly. We've got 4 kids so I apologise in advance to anyone who is currently enjoying the peace and quiet there!! I'm dreading not having any friends so if anyone wants to take pity on me it will be much appreciated!!

And for those of you who are still waiting for your visa's - hang on in there because once you've got them it's scary how quick it comes round! :scared:

How old are your kids?? We too have 4 children but only 2 are permanently in Australia at the moment. They are all girls aged 20, 18, 16 and 11.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mand8002
How old are your kids?? We too have 4 children but only 2 are permanently in Australia at the moment. They are all girls aged 20, 18, 16 and 11.
Is your 16 year old in Oz? I have 2 of each 15, 8, 5 and 3 but the 15 year old is a girl and she would love to chat with someone who is already there. She is looking forward to it but would like a teenagers point of view. I dont think Ormiston is too far from Manly am I right? Is it about 3 stops on the train?
Old Dec 26th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is your 16 year old in Oz? I have 2 of each 15, 8, 5 and 3 but the 15 year old is a girl and she would love to chat with someone who is already there. She is looking forward to it but would like a teenagers point of view. I dont think Ormiston is too far from Manly am I right? Is it about 3 stops on the train?
The 16yr old is still in UK as she is deaf and goes to a special school here, boarding, but she does come over in the holidays. I am sure she would talk to your daughter on msn though, and they could always meet up when she is over. Manly isn't too far from Ormiston and the train link is good.

Amanda
Old Dec 26th 2005, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mand8002
The 16yr old is still in UK as she is deaf and goes to a special school here, boarding, but she does come over in the holidays. I am sure she would talk to your daughter on msn though, and they could always meet up when she is over. Manly isn't too far from Ormiston and the train link is good.

Amanda
Thanks for that, I will PM you her details.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

18 days before we fly too - fortunatly we arn't going to suffer from the rationing at Heathrow, we're on the 10.15pm ish flight.

Still so much stuff still to get rid of. eBay for me !
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by marson
18 days before we fly too - fortunatly we arn't going to suffer from the rationing at Heathrow, we're on the 10.15pm ish flight.

Still so much stuff still to get rid of. eBay for me !
What rationing??What have I missed???? I have got 11 sleeps
Also still trying to sell stuff on ebay - furniture!!!! Our local charity shops have never had it so good, but its all in a good cause.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:40 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Just under 2 weeks for us i can't wait , wife is bit nervous
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Just under 2 weeks for us i can't wait , wife is bit nervous
Good
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
What rationing??What have I missed???? I have got 11 sleeps
Also still trying to sell stuff on ebay - furniture!!!! Our local charity shops have never had it so good, but its all in a good cause.

There is aircraft fuel rationing at Heathrow. The airline I'm using is Singapore Air and they have the following announcement;

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ease/News1.jsp

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.