Fishing anyone?

Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:12 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Fishing anyone?

Is there many people on here in Oz who go out fishing? When I go back I will look forward to doing it again and with my sons. I never saw any other Brits out fishing and went every weekend to a popular area. Is there any clubs where there are poms that organise get togethers and have BBQ's and fishing trips? I know it isnt everyones cup of tea but I love it.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:14 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fishing anyone?

Originally posted by nicholls clan
Is there many people on here in Oz who go out fishing? When I go back I will look forward to doing it again and with my sons. I never saw any other Brits out fishing and went every weekend to a popular area. Is there any clubs where there are poms that organise get togethers and have BBQ's and fishing trips? I know it isnt everyones cup of tea but I love it.
I love it too, and when I was out there last i went at least a couple of times a week. Caught lots too

I'd definatly be interested in meeting up when we arrive in Bris for a few fishing trips.

How did you personally find it in Bris then? I assum you were land based? Catch much?

Pete.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:56 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by PeteY
I love it too, and when I was out there last i went at least a couple of times a week. Caught lots too

I'd definatly be interested in meeting up when we arrive in Bris for a few fishing trips.

How did you personally find it in Bris then? I assum you were land based? Catch much?

Pete.
Hi Pete
Yes all land based, tried it in a tinny once and got sick. I love to just sit there and wait for the bites. Caught loads of crabs that way too. Used to go up the coast but my main fishing was always done down around Sydneys central coast. I love nothing more than going in to Woolworths to buy my squid then going fishing for the day. Did a lot around Arlie beach and whitsundays.
Every one enjoys fishing in OZ, it is a real family affair, in UK it is very much still the male thing. But it is nice to see the whole family having a go out there. I love to watch Rex Hunt and his fishing adventures, entertaining and never boring.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 2:19 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Hi Pete
Yes all land based, tried it in a tinny once and got sick. I love to just sit there and wait for the bites. Caught loads of crabs that way too. Used to go up the coast but my main fishing was always done down around Sydneys central coast. I love nothing more than going in to Woolworths to buy my squid then going fishing for the day. Did a lot around Arlie beach and whitsundays.
Every one enjoys fishing in OZ, it is a real family affair, in UK it is very much still the male thing. But it is nice to see the whole family having a go out there. I love to watch Rex Hunt and his fishing adventures, entertaining and never boring.
My wife and I used to go sit on the end of a jetty in SA, with a pack of prawns and a tube of sunscreen Great fun. Most of my fishing was done in the SE of SA, western Vic and the far north of Queensland. Best fish was an 88cm Baramundi at Hinchinbrook, north of Townsville!! Best memory was my first Bream, caught in Vic on the Glenelg river. I've seen them 1000's of times before on Rex Hunt and now i had one in my hand !!
Old Oct 26th 2003, 2:41 pm
Home in 2010.

My wife and I used to go sit on the end of a jetty in SA, with a pack of prawns and a tube of sunscreen Great fun. Most of my fishing was done in the SE of SA, western Vic and the far north of Queensland. Best fish was an 88cm Baramundi at Hinchinbrook, north of Townsville!! Best memory was my first Bream, caught in Vic on the Glenelg river. I've seen them 1000's of times before on Rex Hunt and now i had one in my hand !!
When I was up at Airlie Beach, went off some rocks there with friends and as the sun was going down we had a family of turtles surface right by us, it was a really strange feeling to see them around by us. It was a nice calm evening though and can not understand rock fishermen that put their lives at risk for a fish. Would love to go out Marlin fishing when I get back, there are a few charters that go out North of Brisbane to do it. Do not like fish as a meal though, but will eat any crabs we catch and yabbis.
Threw some prawns on the BBQ once and one of the kiddies there cried cuase they thought the prawns still had their sunglasses on. Suppose it looked that way as they turn pink and their eyes blacken. Once we are back in Brisbane will let you know and maybe we can get a group up and going.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 2:48 pm
WBB

i am not much of a fisherman but i did venture out and drop a line in a couple of times, right up in the far north of qld.

we were fishing off a jetty up there one afternoon and we were catching a lot of fish then a guy fishing on my left said he got a big hit so we all reeled our lines in as he fought with this monster fish.

it came to the surface a couple of times only to strip line from the reel and head for the bottom again and from what we seen it was a big fish, then eventually after about 15 minutes the poor thing was worn out and came to the surface again only for a shark to shoot up from underneath and bite the poor bugger in half!!!!

i never swam there again.

Old Oct 26th 2003, 3:05 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

welshboybilly

I love your avater.

Now will that kitty spider fit?

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 26th 2003, 3:08 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Nicholls clan,

I love watching Rex Hunt here in the UK.

The wife was ok untill she saw him trying to land a big fish and a shark had it on camera.

She's not so keen on diving nowaday's. (both scuba divers.)

I think that fishing is one of the things I wonna try over in Oz, with the better / warmer weather.

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:04 pm
Home in 2010.

Originally posted by markeh
Hi Nicholls clan,

I love watching Rex Hunt here in the UK.

The wife was ok untill she saw him trying to land a big fish and a shark had it on camera.

She's not so keen on diving nowaday's. (both scuba divers.)

I think that fishing is one of the things I wonna try over in Oz, with the better / warmer weather.

Bye
Markeh
You know how Rex kisses the fish? Well a group in Melbourne university did some experiments to test the slime around the fishes mouth and they decided it was very unhealthy for rex to continue to kiss the fish as it could be bad for his health!! What about the poor fish??? Imagine having Rex and his stubble coming toward you for a full on snog! Good job he never tried to kiss the fish the shark had would have been bad for his health that one.
I like Rex Hunts programmes as he visits some nice places in oz.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:07 pm
A Male Member

You know how Rex kisses the fish? Well a group in Melbourne university did some experiments to test the slime around the fishes mouth and they decided it was very unhealthy for rex to continue to kiss the fish as it could be bad for his health!! What about the poor fish??? Imagine having Rex and his stubble coming toward you for a full on snog! Good job he never tried to kiss the fish the shark had would have been bad for his health that one.
I like Rex Hunts programmes as he visits some nice places in oz.
I remember on one program he had to give a warning about kissing Leatherjackets. Apparently a kid had kissed one as Rexy did, and got her lip bitten! They have REALLY nasty teeth (more of a beak really). He said "if in doubt, give em a peck on the cheek in future!!"
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:26 pm
WBB

I remember on one program he had to give a warning about kissing Leatherjackets. Apparently a kid had kissed one as Rexy did, and got her lip bitten! They have REALLY nasty teeth (more of a beak really). He said "if in doubt, give em a peck on the cheek in future!!"

kinky stuff.

he is a wild old character though is rex.

Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:32 pm
Happy Daddy

Hi PeteY,
I remember that one, he cut down on the kissing them after that.

Now if he had covered it in sauce like on the advert with the kid he would have been ok.

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 26th 2003, 8:57 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Is there many people on here in Oz who go out fishing?
Yep! Beach or boat, it doesnt much matter to us, do it as often as we can .

Brother has a beach house at a place called Teewah that we sometimes use & we have just got ourselves a boat, so now we can go every weekend, weather permitting .

Ceri is big on fishing too & has a boat.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 12:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Why do you want a pom club? There are plenty of fishing clubs here and the beauty of them is that they attract people from all walks of life... Brits, Aussies, kiwi's Chinese, Italians etc etc. The club tournaments which I have been in there are plenty of "poms" mixed in there.

I personally feel fishing is a sport, people sharing the same interest. You are in Aus.. why do you want to segregate yourself to a "poms only" fishing club . I've never understood this mentality myself.

There are plenty of Brits that fish here, same as the Aussies. But I don't tend to go around asking if they are a pom?lol. I speak to a person because I want to speak to that person

I'll stick to my multi nationalities clubs. I've just had a 'orrible picture in my mind .. out fishing on the bay and being surrounded by a bunch of English supporters..lol ( just joking)..

Yikes no thanks. I've seen this clubby attitude in Asia where it is really rife.. people sticking to their own kind.. they miss out on so much.

There is no need for a pom fishing club here. Poms usually can be found in the "normal" fishing clubs along with other nationalities who all enjoy the same thing, and that is fishing.

cheers
Old Oct 27th 2003, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We are virgin fishers - basically no friggin idea what we are doing but we'll get there!!

Seems to be very relaxing and soemthing you could get hooked on (ha ha pardon the pun)

Di

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.