Fishing

Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

rickyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fishing

Hi Everyone
Is it worth bringing all my carp fishing gear over, I have heard carp fishing is on the up in oz.
It would be a shame to get rid of it all as its cost me a fortune.
THANKS
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing

Originally Posted by rickyl
Hi Everyone
Is it worth bringing all my carp fishing gear over, I have heard carp fishing is on the up in oz.
THANKS

I would, after all if it is simethign you enjoy why would you wanna part with everything just to buy it again! We certainly plan on taking ours!

Lisa.x
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone
THANKS
Where are you planning to go?

There are lots of carp all over the southern states of Australia up to around the Brisbane area. They are considered a 'noxious' fish so have to be killed by law ($20000 fine for releasing them in some areas).

Apart from that Carp gear would be suitable for most of the inshore sea fishing off the shore. Most australians use far lighter gear for run of the mill sea fishing.

G
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

rickyl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Where are you planning to go?

There are lots of carp all over the southern states of Australia up to around the Brisbane area. They are considered a 'noxious' fish so have to be killed by law ($20000 fine for releasing them in some areas).

Apart from that Carp gear would be suitable for most of the inshore sea fishing off the shore.
Most australians use far lighter gear for run of the mill sea fishing.

G
We are going on a 457 to Sydney in about 2 weeks.
I have read in some carp magazines about carp being a pest in oz, but I think also i've read about Australia being the next big thing for carp because of the potential of a world record.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:31 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

We are going on a 457 to Sydney in about 2 weeks.
I have read in some carp magazines about carp being a pest in oz, but I think also i've read about Australia being the next big thing for carp because of the potential of a world record.
You may find there are a lot more interesting fish to be caught there.

Most of the sea fish are edible there as well. Also easily accessible with the gear you have.

The freshwater fish include Bass, Yellowbellys (Golden Perch), Murray cod and many more including eels into double figures. Small carp are easy to find...big ones less so.

G