Wikiposts

Fish tank to Oz

Old May 23rd 2004, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future
Default Fish tank to Oz

Hi All,

Anyone taken a fish tank to Oz?

Are there any special cleaning requirements, or possible problems I may encounter?(Apart from the possibility of damage in transit!!!)

Thanks

Colin
Old May 23rd 2004, 4:34 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fish tank to Oz

Originally posted by colinmorgan
Hi All,

Are there any special cleaning requirements, or possible problems I may encounter?(Apart from the possibility of damage in transit!!!)

Thanks

Colin
Hiya Colin,
I have a 180 litre fish tank, but am not taking it, too much hassle to try and clean, and if I did mega clean it then would prob take ages to get all traces of the chemicals used to clean it off!!!

So basically cant be arsed with it !!!
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I would be interested to know the answer to this to. We are planning on taking the equipment that goes with the tank but not the tank itself (the glass boxes are the cheap bit).

I was just planning on cleaning everything with water and leaving it to dry so anything would be killed as it would be designed to live in saltwater.

Anne
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by spottydog
I would be interested to know the answer to this to. We are planning on taking the equipment that goes with the tank but not the tank itself (the glass boxes are the cheap bit).

I was just planning on cleaning everything with water and leaving it to dry so anything would be killed as it would be designed to live in saltwater.

Anne
Same here, though I was thinking that as it would all go into the container it wouldn't hardly make any difference to the cost of shipping (though I could be wrong on this).

Regarding cleaning - I've bleached my tank in the past (25% bleach) to remove all traces of an annoying algae, and as long as it's rinsed and dechlorinated properly there's no problem to the fish.
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Sold mine - I'd rather go and see the real thing on the Barrier Reef
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:42 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We brought our fish tank with us. Didn't do anything special to it cleaning wise. GB Liners made a wooden container to put it in and it all arrived in one piece. Haven't set it up as haven't got round to but there shouldn't be any problem with it. It was listed on the inventory.

Dawn
Old May 24th 2004, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

Thanks Guys,

I've already transported the tank from Germany with no probs. Its a 350 Litre bow fronted tank, so not too cheap to replace.

Colin
Old May 24th 2004, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys,

I've already transported the tank from Germany with no probs. Its a 350 Litre bow fronted tank, so not too cheap to replace.

Colin
Colin,
I am guessing it's a Juwel tank. If it is, can you tell me how much/where you got it from? PM me if you prefer.
Marco
Old May 24th 2004, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Gold Coasters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Billabong
Sold mine - I'd rather go and see the real thing on the Barrier Reef

Hi Billabong, you will not be disapointed, it is fantastic, you will see as much with a snorkel as you will scuba diving.

cant wait til august, to go up there again.

Mark.
Old May 31st 2004, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi All,

Thanks

Colin
Just found this link which contains some useful info. Hope if works

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex...essionID=10381

Marco

PS : Do you know if Juwel consumables are available in Oz?
Old May 31st 2004, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by marco121068
Just found this link which contains some useful info. Hope if works

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex...essionID=10381

Marco

PS : Do you know if Juwel consumables are available in Oz?

Thanks for that Marco.

I haven't checked on the consumables, but I'll get them sent across if need be.