Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fish supper in England?????

Fish supper in England?????

Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:19 pm
kingofcats2005

Default Fish supper in England?????

What is it about the English that they don't get this.
Went to the chippie near my mates house near London and they hadn't a clue what I meant!!!
Also, what is this all about a 'saveloy' - it's NOT a smoked sausage no matter how many people tell me that it is
Why don't the English understand the Scots - it drives me mad...know your place (only joking of course hahaha)
By the way, my real point is can I order a 'fish supper' in Aus without blank looks?!?!
Thanks
Dave

Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:55 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish supper in England?????

Originally Posted by kingofcats2005
Went to the chippie near my mates house near London and they hadn't a clue what I meant!!!
Also, what is this all about a 'saveloy' - it's NOT a smoked sausage no matter how many people tell me that it is
Why don't the English understand the Scots - it drives me mad...know your place (only joking of course hahaha)
By the way, my real point is can I order a 'fish supper' in Aus without blank looks?!?!
Thanks
Dave
Where I come from a "fish supper" is an act you perform on your wife so I am not surprised you got some funny looks!!!

The only time I used a "chippy" in Aus was in Noosa. They had a large display case of wet fish with dozens of different varieties. You chose which sort (and which piece if you want to be fussy) and are given a ticket to wait outside while they cook it. The chips weren't up to much but the fish was fantastic (snapper as I recall)
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:25 pm
kingofcats2005

Originally Posted by worzel
Where I come from a "fish supper" is an act you perform on your wife so I am not surprised you got some funny looks!!!

The only time I used a "chippy" in Aus was in Noosa. They had a large display case of wet fish with dozens of different varieties. You chose which sort (and which piece if you want to be fussy) and are given a ticket to wait outside while they cook it. The chips weren't up to much but the fish was fantastic (snapper as I recall)
Glad I didn't ask for a sausage supper then! mayonnaise? No thanks pal!

Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:31 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

What is it with the Scots don't they know what a Chip Buttey is
Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:50 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Dave
big place-where abouts?