Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Visit To Perth

First Visit To Perth

Old May 28th 2006, 5:00 pm
JB2
Forum Regular

JB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant futureJB2 has a brilliant future
Talking First Visit To Perth

Hi, wondering if anyone can help. i am going on my first visit to perth the first 2 weeks of july with the view of moving perm later this year on a sponsored visa. can anyone give me any advice on some average suburbs to settle in. within an hours journey of perth. my children range from 2 months to 14 years (mad i know). i work in the house building side of construction so any nice areas where there is alot of housing developement would probably be of use. i know house prices are going through the roof so i would like areas which are abit more affordable as i won't want a huge mortgage once settled. thanks to anyone who can help.
Old May 28th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice
Default Re: First Visit To Perth

Hi JB2,
It looks like there is loads of building work in the South, Mandurah area and in the areas between the City and Mandurah. I am sure those in Perth will be online a bit later tonight and be able to give you a good idea of which actual areas. When are you going over?
Karen
Old May 28th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Hi.I would look at Ellenbrook or the Vale to live about 30 mins City & Beach.Great for kids new swimming pool been built soon.
Plenty of building work aleast for the next 10 years.Builders will snap your hand off good luck.
Old May 29th 2006, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karen and Iain
Hi JB2,
It looks like there is loads of building work in the South, Mandurah area and in the areas between the City and Mandurah. I am sure those in Perth will be online a bit later tonight and be able to give you a good idea of which actual areas. When are you going over?
Karen
They are crying out for builders down here also, dont forget we are here, things dont stop at Mandurah.
Denise
Old May 29th 2006, 5:57 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

How about Butler, 5 mins to the ocean, 40 mins to the city although you will never go there unless its for a particular reason, 15 mins to Joondalup, all the shopping you need within 10 mins. A 4x2 with pool will cost you between $450-$500k if you are loking for something a little less or a more established suburb then try Clarkson or Merriwa, something more expensice or closer to the ocean then Mindarie or Quinns Rocks. All within a 10 min drive of new building too. You'll find some more info here http://www.movetoperth.com/info/subu...es/butler.html

Lynn
Old May 29th 2006, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Berena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JB2
average suburbs to settle in................within an hours journey of perth. .

Hi

You maybe have the scale of things wrong in your mind - an hours journey ( at least by car) in any direction out of Perth and you are in the bush!
For us who love 4WD driving that is one of the great advantages here...nowhere is far away except the rest of Oz! (maybe that's another advantage!)
My best advice would be get here, rent a place for a few months and scout out the sort of areas you like whilst living and working in this environment.
Good luck

Peter
Old May 29th 2006, 9:30 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JB2
Hi, wondering if anyone can help. i am going on my first visit to perth the first 2 weeks of july with the view of moving perm later this year on a sponsored visa. can anyone give me any advice on some average suburbs to settle in. within an hours journey of perth. my children range from 2 months to 14 years (mad i know). i work in the house building side of construction so any nice areas where there is alot of housing developement would probably be of use. i know house prices are going through the roof so i would like areas which are abit more affordable as i won't want a huge mortgage once settled. thanks to anyone who can help.

Throw a dart at the map.

Really comes down to how much you can/want to spend on a house to areas to point you in. On the building side of things, throw another dart, there is so much around and in huge demand you shouldnt have any dramas if your half decent.
Old May 29th 2006, 10:30 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
How about Butler, 5 mins to the ocean, 40 mins to the city although you will never go there unless its for a particular reason, 15 mins to Joondalup, all the shopping you need within 10 mins. A 4x2 with pool will cost you between $450-$500k if you are loking for something a little less or a more established suburb then try Clarkson or Merriwa, something more expensice or closer to the ocean then Mindarie or Quinns Rocks. All within a 10 min drive of new building too. You'll find some more info here http://www.movetoperth.com/info/subu...es/butler.html

Lynn
Only one problem.............it's full of poms up there
Old May 29th 2006, 11:29 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Only one problem.............it's full of poms up there
I must be the odd one out then

Lynn