British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   First trip to the dentist! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/first-trip-dentist-340108/)

jensteve Nov 29th 2005 12:38 pm

First trip to the dentist!

Wella fter years of having regular check ups in the Uk I was a little put off with the thought of gettig huge bills over here so havn't been for 12 months, so yesterday I sneezed! MMM you might say but I crunched down on my teeth, today part of my tooth decided it no longer wanted to live in my mouth.
Well a quick ring to the local dentist and booked in 2 hours later, what a nice dentist she was, turns out I had a massive cavity, which must have been there when I had my teeth checked in the UK and my tooth had shattered when I sneezed, she also found another. I even got the numbing paste on my gum before she stabbed me with a needle, and hey presto 40 mins later I have a rebuilt tooth, and all for $167 which I thought really dam amazing, I have no cover so that is my total bill, it even included the emergency appointment fee.
So there I was thinking AU dentists where in it for the money and I seem to have found a lovely one, she is in Padbury if anyone fancies seeing her, lovely lady, back in 2 weeks so she can check the other side of my mouth, she was concerned at the lack of x-rays done in the UK for cavities, so I told her she could x-ray the other side to make sure at my next visit.
Jenny (no longer with numb face)

GinaUK Nov 29th 2005 1:11 pm

Re: First trip to the dentist!

Hi,

thanks for the info. Sent you some karma.

Gina

mand8002 Nov 29th 2005 8:32 pm

Re: First trip to the dentist!

Originally Posted by jensteve
Wella fter years of having regular check ups in the Uk I was a little put off with the thought of gettig huge bills over here so havn't been for 12 months, so yesterday I sneezed! MMM you might say but I crunched down on my teeth, today part of my tooth decided it no longer wanted to live in my mouth.
Well a quick ring to the local dentist and booked in 2 hours later, what a nice dentist she was, turns out I had a massive cavity, which must have been there when I had my teeth checked in the UK and my tooth had shattered when I sneezed, she also found another. I even got the numbing paste on my gum before she stabbed me with a needle, and hey presto 40 mins later I have a rebuilt tooth, and all for $167 which I thought really dam amazing, I have no cover so that is my total bill, it even included the emergency appointment fee.
So there I was thinking AU dentists where in it for the money and I seem to have found a lovely one, she is in Padbury if anyone fancies seeing her, lovely lady, back in 2 weeks so she can check the other side of my mouth, she was concerned at the lack of x-rays done in the UK for cavities, so I told her she could x-ray the other side to make sure at my next visit.
Jenny (no longer with numb face)

The exact same thing happened to me and I thought the $125 I was charged was really good value. No doubt I will go one day and get a nasty bill but I found the dentist really pleasant and not scary at all. I also had the numbing paste on. I also think that the dentist had more time to spend with me and was not rushing off to their next payment