Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First trip to the dentist!

First trip to the dentist!

Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:38 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default First trip to the dentist!

Wella fter years of having regular check ups in the Uk I was a little put off with the thought of gettig huge bills over here so havn't been for 12 months, so yesterday I sneezed! MMM you might say but I crunched down on my teeth, today part of my tooth decided it no longer wanted to live in my mouth.
Well a quick ring to the local dentist and booked in 2 hours later, what a nice dentist she was, turns out I had a massive cavity, which must have been there when I had my teeth checked in the UK and my tooth had shattered when I sneezed, she also found another. I even got the numbing paste on my gum before she stabbed me with a needle, and hey presto 40 mins later I have a rebuilt tooth, and all for $167 which I thought really dam amazing, I have no cover so that is my total bill, it even included the emergency appointment fee.
So there I was thinking AU dentists where in it for the money and I seem to have found a lovely one, she is in Padbury if anyone fancies seeing her, lovely lady, back in 2 weeks so she can check the other side of my mouth, she was concerned at the lack of x-rays done in the UK for cavities, so I told her she could x-ray the other side to make sure at my next visit.
Jenny (no longer with numb face)
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:11 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First trip to the dentist!

Hi,

thanks for the info. Sent you some karma.

Gina
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First trip to the dentist!

Originally Posted by jensteve
Wella fter years of having regular check ups in the Uk I was a little put off with the thought of gettig huge bills over here so havn't been for 12 months, so yesterday I sneezed! MMM you might say but I crunched down on my teeth, today part of my tooth decided it no longer wanted to live in my mouth.
Well a quick ring to the local dentist and booked in 2 hours later, what a nice dentist she was, turns out I had a massive cavity, which must have been there when I had my teeth checked in the UK and my tooth had shattered when I sneezed, she also found another. I even got the numbing paste on my gum before she stabbed me with a needle, and hey presto 40 mins later I have a rebuilt tooth, and all for $167 which I thought really dam amazing, I have no cover so that is my total bill, it even included the emergency appointment fee.
So there I was thinking AU dentists where in it for the money and I seem to have found a lovely one, she is in Padbury if anyone fancies seeing her, lovely lady, back in 2 weeks so she can check the other side of my mouth, she was concerned at the lack of x-rays done in the UK for cavities, so I told her she could x-ray the other side to make sure at my next visit.
Jenny (no longer with numb face)

The exact same thing happened to me and I thought the $125 I was charged was really good value. No doubt I will go one day and get a nasty bill but I found the dentist really pleasant and not scary at all. I also had the numbing paste on. I also think that the dentist had more time to spend with me and was not rushing off to their next payment