First timers

Old Feb 14th 2003, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

we cashed our endowments in, extra cash to take, which we will need over oz rather than sitting about in the endowment policy, yes we would have had more if left to mature, but we decided now is more important, (if ever we get visas), with 4 kids in tow and wanting to travel oz for few months, things seem to be moving quite quick, many are getting visas now, friends of ours got their visas granted after only 2weeks of having medicals!!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:06 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First timers

Originally posted by Gillian D
Hello Debs, Tim and family and everyone else on the site. What a great site.

We are Gillian, Jim, Melissa (10) and Claudia (7). We are hoping to go to Brisbane as well. We are going for our medicals on Tuesday. Sent the Police Check forms away on 04/02 but haven't heard anything yet. I'm at the nervous breakdown point now just thinking about all that I have to do. ie sell the house, arrange removal, sell car etc etc.

Can anyone tell me what they did re endowments and pensions. Apparently you will pay so much tax on them. It's a nightmare trying to understand it all. I was quoted £350 for a consultation/chat about them - if I have to pay any more fees to anybody I won't have any finances left to discuss. Can anyone help?
Good luck for medicals on Tuesday.
We are hoping that within the next couple of months we should have to do same.
It's quite scarey all the things we will have to think about and decide what to do about a few things.
Have you any pets?
We've got a 3 year old golden retriever and don't know whether to leave him with mother in law for a few weeks till we find somewhere to live or take him the day we go as he will be in quarantine for 30 days anyway!!!
Sorry don't know about pensions yet, have to get some serious advise.
Perhaps when we all get to Brisbane, we can have a barbie and a few beers!!!
What do the girls think about it all?
Mine are so excited they keep telling everyone that we are going soon. (Let's hope it's no too long)!!
Debs & Co.
Old Feb 15th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi Debs & Tim,

We have just applied for our visa we are hoping to move to the Sunshine Coast Caloundra Sep 04. My husband is a chippy too. There is alot of work up there as they are developing alot of the land. we have friends that live in Noosa and they said it getting better for work all the time.

Good luck in your application

Carrianne and Alastair
Old Feb 17th 2003, 10:03 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi Debs & Tim,

We have just applied for our visa we are hoping to move to the Sunshine Coast Caloundra Sep 04. My husband is a chippy too. There is alot of work up there as they are developing alot of the land. we have friends that live in Noosa and they said it getting better for work all the time.

Good luck in your application

Carrianne and Alastair
Hi Carrianne and Alastair
Just replied to you about carpenters.
Cheers for the info again!!
How do you know when you will be going? or is it a guess?
Where did you stay in Caloundra?
We felt that Caloundra was also the place for us.
Very laid back!!!!!!!
Debs and Tim
Old Feb 17th 2003, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hiya Debs and Tim,

We didn't stay in Caloundra we stayed in Noosa and drove through Caloundra and stayed there for the day. I loved Noosa but we will possibly need too be closer to the CBD in Brisbane for my kind of job.

We are just guessing with the times but our agent has said that we will possibly be doing our police checks in about Sep/Oct this year so we know from that, that we will need to be in Oz by Sep/Oct 04.

We are not in a great rush as we want to save as much as possible before going.

How about you ?
Old Feb 17th 2003, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Sato is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool From the US

My husband and I are planning on immigrating to Australia. Hoping to find a sponsor as the economy is so bad here we have to find temporary jobs to make the money to go! And most temporaries aren't even hiring. I and my husband pass the skilled migrant point test easily, where's a good place to look for sponsors? I am an Spanish translator/interpretor and can do most any office job. I am interested in import/export business. My husband is a certified electrician and is an outstanding welder. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you.