Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First time Mum-to-be in Brisbane

First time Mum-to-be in Brisbane

Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future
Default Re: First time Mum-to-be in Brisbane

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi there!

Hope you dont mind me adding to this. Im also keen to meet other mums - i now have a 5 week old baby girl (she arrived 3 wks early) and would love to chat to others in a similar situation. I live in Ipswich but know Bulimba well as i used to live in Hawthorne- loved the place. There is another mums meet (Southbank) which i missed as i got the date wrong - thought it was next week - damn!

Hope to catch up with you all.

Helen
Hi Jo, sorry for the delay in replying. I am still working full time and not due to stop until near the end of October - hopefully you are still having the Friday meets then and I will join in.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Hi all, My wife Jenny had a baby (our first) 11 weeks ago in Brisbane. We'd love to meet other new mums.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:55 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

James

Check out the South Brisbane Mummys meet. There are a few mums meeting wed one week and then friday the next at 10am. The location is posted each week as we intend to vary this to suit the weather etc but it is always going to be central so that it is accessible to all suburbs.

The next meet is a week friday (10th October) I am not sure of the venue yet as I missed todays meet.

Jo
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Hopefully the Mummy meets will still be going when I give up work so I can join you. (23rd of October and counting!)
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:08 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Toni

I am sure it will. The meets are getting bigger each week so even if someone cant make it there is still a big enough group. We are all finding it a fun meet and we all seem to get on well. We all have something in common we have kids and we are living away from family and friends.

So we will see you after 23rd Oct. Have you seen the family BBQ on the 25th Oct at New Farm Park? Do a search for posts by me and it will come up.

You and hubby are more than welcome even if you dont have the baby you will get to meet everyone from the mummys meet.

Jo