Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First time buyers Grant on a 475 Visa

First time buyers Grant on a 475 Visa

Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

jennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura about
Default First time buyers Grant on a 475 Visa

Hi guys,

Just after a bit of info from the wealth of knowledge out there.

I am looking to buy a property this week. (Basically I have been offered a good deal, so was thinking about going ahead with it) Since it is a new build I can get the $20k first home owners grant.

I just want to check that I am legible for this. I am on a 475 Visa at the moment. In order to become a Perm Resident I have to have worked and lived in Vic for 2 years.

I have done this and have applied online for my PR. I only did this last week and have been given a TRN to track my application. However, although it is a formality, it has not been processed yet.

If I purchase this week and have not received any news re PR acceptance, will I get the grant?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:48 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First time buyers Grant on a 475 Visa

Have a look at - http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/SROnav...B0000CC63?open

It states 'You (or at least one applicant) must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen at the time of settlement or completion of construction of the home' so it will depend on the date of settlement or if it isn't actually built yet, the date of completion of construction!

They also ask for Evidence of permanent residency or permanent residence visa

Best of luck.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

jennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura about

ahhh Ok. Thanks for the advice. As it is a new build it doesnt settle until April next year. So I guess once it does I can knock $20 off the mortgage?

Many Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2011, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennsy
ahhh Ok. Thanks for the advice. As it is a new build it doesnt settle until April next year. So I guess once it does I can knock $20 off the mortgage?

Many Thanks
Pretty much, if you get your PR approved. We applied to the SRO through our mortgage broker and arranged that the money was transferred straight to the bank and it was used as part of the progress payments on construction.
Good luck!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

You have one year to claim from when you became permanent. For example buy a house in March 2010 on a 475 visa..get granted permanent 887 visa in Feb 2011.. you can claim the first time buyers grant.
Buy a house in March 2010 on a 475 visa..get granted permanent 887 visa in April 2011..you get nothing.