First Redback

Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice
Default First Redback

Hi

Found first redback since arriving, climbing up wall next to patio door.
Lovely!!!
Attached Thumbnails First Redback-dscf2217.jpg  
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

ernie24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Redback

And that's what i'm not looking forward to!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a beauty. I'm sure I've got one inside my wing mirror on the daily commute. Find messy web and wipe it off but web keeps reappearing across the glass.

Was thinking this morning that he must travel with me to work and back every day - one well travelled littler bugger.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:25 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

my first redback was in an outside toilet in Hartley NSW

I was oblivious until my niece in the next cubicle said look up and there they were
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

taz-devil is an unknown quantity at this point

Not looking forward to the bugs and the snaes but the beach and the sun, bring it on!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ernie24
And that's what i'm not looking forward to!

Same here...May the meeting with the red back never happens
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:01 pm
Banned

DumbFalang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Syedney
Same here...May the meeting with the red back never happens
The good thing about Redbacks is they don't drink and drive
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

painter in aus will become famous soon enoughpainter in aus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by taz-devil
Not looking forward to the bugs and the snaes but the beach and the sun, bring it on!
dream on.

others mention rose tinted glasses, me.........?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Its just a spider. You see bigger ones than that in the UK!! Yes, I know its got a nasty bite but generally I don't get close to ANY spider through choice so it doesn't matter if they are poisonous or not.

A "friend" in the UK has stated that she could never visit me in Australia because she couldn't cope with the insects. Since being here I have seen no more spiders, ants etc than I have in the UK. Yes, they are different types, but there are no more.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:25 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RenShen
Its just a spider. You see bigger ones than that in the UK!! Yes, I know its got a nasty bite but generally I don't get close to ANY spider through choice so it doesn't matter if they are poisonous or not.

A "friend" in the UK has stated that she could never visit me in Australia because she couldn't cope with the insects. Since being here I have seen no more spiders, ants etc than I have in the UK. Yes, they are different types, but there are no more.
Does your friend think when she gets off the plane in OZ there will be thousands of deadly creepy crawlies swarming all over the place everywhere she walks, like some sort of sceince fiction horror film? Alot of Poms have some really strange ideas of what OZ is like.
Bee and wasp stings kill people in the UK every year, no one has died form a spider bite in OZ in 30 years.

Last edited by mohogony; Aug 17th 2009 at 9:28 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:22 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Does your friend think when she gets off the plane in OZ there will be thousands of deadly creepy crawlies swarming all over the place everywhere she walks, like some sort of sceince fiction horror film? Alot of Poms have some really strange ideas of what OZ is like.
Bee and wasp stings kill people in the UK every year, no one has died form a spider bite in OZ in 30 years.
lol.. that's what I was like - I was worried about walking next to hedges and the like in case giant poisonous spiders leapt out and ripped out my throat.

I have calmed down a bit since then.

I have to admit, watching 'Australia - World's Deadliest Destination' whilst waiting for visa approval was probably not the smartest idea
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Yes, exactly that. The thing is, they know I hate the buggers so would I have moved here if it was that bad???
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:04 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Been here over two years, never seen one.

Loads of huntsmans though, now they are proper scary !
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

And they run faster than me (mind you, that applies to tortoises too but I'm not scared of them.)
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Found one (Redback) in the kitchen the other day, which is very odd. Had made a web between the kettle and the wall. Only a tiny fella.

Did have a big-un in the back yard earlier in the year though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.