Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

first post please help

first post please help

Old Mar 30th 2003, 8:24 pm
WBB

Smile first post please help

hi there all..!

as i am new to this please excuse any questions i ask which may of allready been answered on an earlier post

my position is that i am 30 years old engaged to be married to an australian girl and have one 4 year old daughter and another one due in the summer we have talked for a few years of emigrating to oz but we are now seriously looking into the possibility the thing is the whole process is daunting enough to put people off and the costs seem to be very high does anyone have any info or links to helpful sites that may be of use???

my favourite i found is

http://users.chariot.net.au/~krmiller/poms2oz/

very nice site with a personal touch

Old Mar 30th 2003, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

well here is a good place as pretty much anything some one is going through, some one here (now or in the past) has 'been there done that'...

so try putting in key words into the search part and your answers will be found...

cheers

richard

p.s applying isn't that expensive -it's everything else that goes with it that costs!!!
Old Mar 30th 2003, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

anzen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

The costs are high, emotional as well as money.

I would definitely spend some time looking through this site. You need to be aware of all the negative as well as the positive stuff, it is a big move.

I would also suggest the obvious.

Start to list why you are thinking of moving.

Try and think through what you do and don't like about where you live and work now.

What is your mental image of where you want to be in 5/10 years time (I know that's difficult, but it is worth the effort).

I presume your fiance wants to return "home". If you decide not to go, how will that affect your relationship? Generally, women are more likely to want to live near their parents than men. I don't know why, but read this somewhere as a "statistical fact"

I would also have a bit of fun with the whole exercise. It is incredibly exciting thinking about such a move - and really gets the juices flowing.
Old Mar 31st 2003, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

HowardB is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Anzen12. The monetary costs aren't that high, but you do really need to think about the negative sides, just to be able to make a 'balanced' decision.

What are your reasons for going ? What are you leaving behind ? As has been said previously theoretically, 'home' is only a flight away but practically it ain't that simple.
Old Mar 31st 2003, 4:25 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: first post please help

Originally posted by welshboybilly
hi there all..!

as i am new to this please excuse any questions i ask which may of allready been answered on an earlier post

my position is that i am 30 years old engaged to be married to an australian girl and have one 4 year old daughter and another one due in the summer we have talked for a few years of emigrating to oz but we are now seriously looking into the possibility the thing is the whole process is daunting enough to put people off and the costs seem to be very high does anyone have any info or links to helpful sites that may be of use???

my favourite i found is

http://users.chariot.net.au/~krmiller/poms2oz/

very nice site with a personal touch

Croeso,
Lle dach chi'n byw? Dw i'n byw yn Brisbane
( welcome , Where are you from? I'm in Brisbane)

excuse my grammer.

iechyd da

P.s the grass is not always greener, been out of wales for 11 years, only coming back to visit family - you do not know what you've got until you experience the other grass.

Anyway good luck to you
Bum gall unwaith-hynny oedd, llefain pan ym ganed (I was wise once, then I was born and cried)
good luck to you
Cheers
Old Apr 1st 2003, 1:06 pm
WBB

Thumbs up Re: first post please help

Originally posted by Ceri
Croeso,
Lle dach chi'n byw? Dw i'n byw yn Brisbane
( welcome , Where are you from? I'm in Brisbane)

excuse my grammer.

iechyd da

P.s the grass is not always greener, been out of wales for 11 years, only coming back to visit family - you do not know what you've got until you experience the other grass.

Anyway good luck to you
Bum gall unwaith-hynny oedd, llefain pan ym ganed (I was wise once, then I was born and cried)
good luck to you
Cheers

cheers mate i speak no welsh sorry lol but im from port talbot in the land of our fathers
hopefully be over there with you soon

Old Apr 2nd 2003, 2:22 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: first post please help

Originally posted by welshboybilly

cheers mate i speak no welsh sorry lol but im from port talbot in the land of our fathers
hopefully be over there with you soon

Good day,
I know Port Talbot well, well not really well like the back of my hand -just to drive through, and apparently I've heard it's changed a bit in recent years, new housing estates etc, sandfields area I know there's new houses gone up there (so I probably would not recognise half of it now) I have friends from Port talbot who work in the steel works (they haven't shut it down yet have they? - there was a rumour of it may be closed down)

As for my welsh - I'm not fluent, bad grammar, it's a learnt second language - but I can swear beautifully fluently

Where are you thinking of moving to in Australia?

cheers
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:21 pm
WBB

it all started so well.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:28 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
it all started so well.

any idea where it all went wrong?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:28 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
it all started so well.

and you are a complete bitch! without fault

DROP IT AND GROW UP!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Sandra
and you are a complete bitch! without fault

DROP IT AND GROW UP!
Sorry. I don't speak retardese. Can you get someone to translate into meaningful English before you post, please? Your post is an orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity; an exercise in literary impotence, and an offense to all of good taste and decency.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:32 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
Sorry. I don't speak retardese. Can you get someone to translate into meaningful English before you post, please? Your post is an orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity; an exercise in literary impotence, and an offense to all of good taste and decency.

can we assume you're still bored Billy ????
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WBB
Been reading the Thesaurus have we?!
Try using the dictionary too - it's offence.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:35 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Nicstids
Been reading the Thesaurus have we?!
Try using the dictionary too - it's offence.
you are assuming i choose to use the british spelling.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:35 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people keep their egos in a bottom drawer
A fridge full of Leonard Cohen
Have to get drunk just to walk out the door
Stay drunk to keep on goin'
So if you got an ego
You better keep it in good shape
Exercise it daily
And get it down on tape

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.