Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Post headed for Sydney 17th May!

First Post headed for Sydney 17th May!

Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Laughing Gravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Post headed for Sydney 17th May!

Well here goes....I have been obsessed with this forum for years and learned lots of good stuff but was too shy to post before

We are Scottish, currently living in NY and want to live in the northern beaches area in Sydney. We dont have jobs yet but feel quietly confident looking at job sites that there is plenty of work. (My husband has had a couple of phone interviews) Very excited now that its getting near!!

Does anyone know of any decent temporary accommodation in Manly that is not too expensive? We just need a one bed apt for the two of us oldies
Thx J.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:24 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of
Default Re: First Post headed for Sydney 17th May!

Hi J, Mike Scalis have some fabulous Manly beachside apts that my parents have stayed in a few times, not sure of price.
Is your user name after the dog in Laurel & Hardy's movie of same name?
I love that film
Cheers Sim
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Yes it is! My husband is a huge Laurel and Hardy fan (also a techie and a bit of a geek) He chose that name and he said nobody would know what it meant. I guess there is one other fan out there eh?

How do I find Mike Scalis apartments then?
Cheers
J.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:37 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you want noise, violence and crime stay away from the centre of Manly - the parts away from the Corso can be OK.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

AberJazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I have just found a place to rent after looking on this website.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/

It lists house/flats to rent and also flat shares in the sydney area. It gets updated everyday and is a great way to keep a tab on the rentals in the sydney area. I have just found a place overlooking coogee beach with a top view after using gumtree!

Hope this helps

AberJazz
Old Apr 20th 2008, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks AberJazz this looks good.

Wol thanks, I have never heard anyone else say Manly has crime and violence, is this just around the corso at weekends?