First Post

Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

RollingStone is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool First Post

Wot a great site - been using it for a few months but this is my first post.

We have successully applied for & got our PR visa about a month ago. My wifes a nurse so we sailed through. Currently finishing some work on house to put it up for sale as soon as poss.

We have 2 boys, one nearly 6 & the other 4, & we are looking to move out to Brisbane April(ish) next year - depending on house. My wife has had one telephone interview for nursing job & has been successful - so I can bum around on the beach once we get out - NOT A CHANCE!!

We have a few areas to view for places to live once we arrive but are keeping an open mind. I will need to find some work - I'm a Project Manager - so any help here would be good.

We both go through the ups & downs of:
1. Are we doing the right thing?
2. Is this what is best for our sons?
3. We are leaving all our family & friends behind
4. We are moving to somewhere we know very little about

But we are still determined to give it a go. I suppose the thing that worries me the most is making sure our boys are happy, that they settle & make friends. Eldest is mad on football but youngest is a bit shy.

Anyway I've loads more questions but I'll save these until we firm up on a moving date.

See you in Brisbane soon!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:41 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: First Post

Hi Rollingstone and welcome to the forum!!!!

What a lovely post! And Im sure you will find loadsa info on the site and any questions, just ask away!

Good luck,

Cheeky x

Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RollingStone

We have successully applied for & got our PR visa about a month ago. My wifes a nurse so we sailed through. Currently finishing some work on house to put it up for sale as soon as poss.

We have 2 boys, one nearly 6 & the other 4, & we are looking to move out to Brisbane April(ish) next year - depending on house. My wife has had one telephone interview for nursing job & has been successful - so I can bum around on the beach once we get out - NOT A CHANCE!!

We have a few areas to view for places to live once we arrive but are keeping an open mind. I will need to find some work - I'm a Project Manager - so any help here would be good.

But we are still determined to give it a go. I suppose the thing that worries me the most is making sure our boys are happy, that they settle & make friends. Eldest is mad on football but youngest is a bit shy.

Anyway I've loads more questions but I'll save these until we firm up on a moving date.

Welcome to the madhouse Rolling Stone!

As you can no doubt see it's 'madder' today then usual. Lots of fun being had by all.

Hope the friendly folks on this forum can help you with all your questions and if not try the Nursing and Immigration sections of the forum too.

Cheers!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:51 pm
Cheeky

Oh and sorry Rollingstone,

I forgot to warn you about it......that is the resident troll..... Hopefully they will get banned soon, has done once already but has enrolled themselves under another name.

Cheeky

Originally Posted by queenofcats2005
CHEEKY!

Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:53 pm
Cheeky

Yep banned now!!!! All clear!!

Phew, Cheeky

Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Yep banned now!!!! All clear!!

Phew, Cheeky
I was rather enjoying that......

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, and I promise I won't mention cheese!

Anyhoo, sanity restored.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:09 pm
Cheeky

Hi Tony

Hey, if you wanna talk about cheese, or talk to Cas on here we dont mind!!

And sorry to Rollingstone, didnt mean to hijack!

Cheeky

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I was rather enjoying that......

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, and I promise I won't mention cheese!

Anyhoo, sanity restored.

Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:31 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome. Good luck with the move.

And yes, you are doing the right thing.

Paul.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum. Our concerns are exactly the same as yours but we're going for it anyway. Face it, Lytham's not going anywhere- if you hate Aus it'll still be there! I remember someone saying -regret the things you do do- not the things you don't do. This really struck a chord with me. We leave in 59 days!
Good luck
Yv
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:00 pm
ABCDiamond

We have a few areas to view for places to live once we arrive but are keeping an open mind. I will need to find some work - I'm a Project Manager - so any help here would be good< .......>
Hi Rollingstone, and welcome.

What parts of Brisbane are you considering so far ?

Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:09 pm
Go Banana's !!

Welcome Rollingstone,

We are in Perth not Brissie but if we can help with anything just ask.

Good luck with the rollercoaster.

Warren & Jill

Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:14 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rollingstone welcome to the forum and good luck in selling your house.
Don't worry about all the questions they will be loads of time to get all the answers you need and there are some really friendly, funny and even a bit fruity people on here. But I have to say I am totally and utterly addicted!!
You will be too trust me.

Well look here folks we have another likely contender for the Ladies Brisbane Friday night drinnking club. Tell the missus she will have to come out with all of us next year when we finally all get out there that is. If you are going out Aprilish I dare say you will have found your feet before we get out there. (Hopefully July) We are heading for North Brisbane.

Good Luck
Ang, Rich and girls
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Hi rollingstone, welcom to expats, for the addictives! WELL YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING. Don't worry,we are all going through the same thing or have done, but life is short so do what you can to make it as good as you can. We too have 2 sons 12/2yrs and heading off to brisbane next april/may time if we can sell up. So be great to meet up when we do all get there. Last one there buys the drinks!!! :be er:
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Hi RollingStone!
Welcome to the forum.......
Good Luck with the move..........
If you don't try, you'll never know........
Old Nov 11th 2004, 11:01 am
Just Joined

RollingStone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hi Rollingstone, and welcome.

What parts of Brisbane are you considering so far ?
Thinking of Bayside (Wellington Point) - I've been reading all your posts on the area plus Samford & Kenmore Hills areas

If you have any advice of these especially schools if would appreciate it.

Cheers