Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

first impressons of perth? oh know or wow???

first impressons of perth? oh know or wow???

Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:11 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first impressons of perth? oh know or wow???

Originally posted by Pookin
Oh, dear you do sound bored. Cheer yourself up with a look at forthcoming events in the fine old village of Kinver:

http://www.kinveronline.co.uk/calendar/listevents.php

Oh there aren't any.

Or perhaps a chat about the lack of broadband connections in Kinver, the planned expansion of Wolverhampton Business Airport or "talk about your new play, pantomime or poetry recital (no, go on, don't be afraid!)."

http://www.kinveronline.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php
Try the UK plus Europe and compare that to WA which at best could be called a vast empty sand pit, we will be nearer Birmingham than we are at present to the City of Perth.
Just another Pom who thinks sand and more sand will change your dull life, Joondalup 2 Pubs (City my arse) the village of Kinver 6 pubs , tell me again how wonderful this place is?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 14th 2003 at 1:38 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:14 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Try the UK plus Europe and compare that to WA which at best could be called a vast empty sand pit, we will be near Birmingham than we are at present to the City of Perth.
Just another Pom who thinks sand and more sand will change your dull life, Joondalup 2 Pubs (City my arse) the village of Kinver 6 pubs , tell me again how wonderful this place is?

6 pubs, handy when banned from 5.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:38 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
6 pubs, handy when banned from 5.
Son the money I spend in Pubs is insurance on not getting banned, Kinver's economy will boom soon.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:49 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Son the money I spend in Pubs is insurance on not getting banned, Kinver's economy will boom soon.
Take a leaf out George Best's book...stuff up old liver...get new liver...stuff up new liver...

I wonder how many times you could do this trick?
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:04 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
Take a leaf out George Best's book...stuff up old liver...get new liver...stuff up new liver...

I wonder how many times you could do this trick?
NHS a drunks best friend.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

NHS a drunks best friend.

Good post PB

Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:32 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Try the UK plus Europe and compare that to WA which at best could be called a vast empty sand pit, we will be nearer Birmingham than we are at present to the City of Perth.

Sand

Sand at the beach,
Sand at the shore.
Sand in the ocean
On the ocean floor.

Sand in the desert,
Sand on the ground.
Sand in a sandstorm
Blowing all around!

Sand from rock that has
Crumbled into grains
Saind in a sand dune
Shaped by wind and rains.

Sand on an island,
Sand in the sea.
Sand in the sandbox
For you and me.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:42 pm
Charlotte

Have been to most of the major cities in Oz - Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth on several occasions

Have to say that Perth is my least favourite. Thought it was unattractive, dry and run down, and the sense of isolation almost palpable.

Just MHO and not intended to offend residents.

The other city I am not too keen on is Melbourne (grey and gloomy). However do love Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide (where I live).

Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Lourdes WYatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by delboy
please tell me your first impressons of perth would love to read all stories cheers allison
Sorry diagree with pommie bastard (who sounds like a whinger!!!)

Nothing beats:

- waking up in the morning to sunshine,
- being able to walk out the door with out getting your head wet
- wearing only one layer of clothes and not enough so you look like a stuffed pig
- getting a real tan
- meeting friendly locals who are relaxed
- walking to the beach, drinking a beer and having a lazy day
- being able to live so close to the beach that you get views from your bedroom window and you don't get blown away by a gust of wind
- being able to get in to the ocean without freezing your balls off
- being able to drive to work and back in daylight

Perth is great. Relaxed, great weather, enough shops to get what you need and more (unless you're a materialistic bastard), friendly locals and very safe. A great place to raise a family.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all these brilliant replies, it just shows you what different opion different people have dont it,im sure everyone has a place on this earth where they should be.Icant wait to go to perth and see for myself cheers
Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

[i] we will be nearer Birmingham than we are at present to the City of Perth.
That's nowt to get excited about, boy your in for a surprise PB, you reallly are, you'll be on your way back to Oz make no mistake
Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:43 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
That's nowt to get excited about, boy your in for a surprise PB, you reallly are, you'll be on your way back to Oz make no mistake
He's your mistake, you must keep him.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:45 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
you'll be on your way back to Oz make no mistake
If they'll have him.....
Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:47 am
Banned

Originally posted by PeteY
If they'll have him.....
Read previous post again, carefully.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:50 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Megalania
Read previous post again, carefully.
Sorry skimmed over it.....maybe its denial

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.