Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Car Crash in QLD

First Car Crash in QLD

Old Aug 7th 2006, 8:50 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default First Car Crash in QLD

And now I understand car insurance over here!
Rego is compulsory and it includes personal liability to third person but not for property.
Over the weekend a young lady decided to pull out of a (give way) turning and crash into the side of our car.
She drove off.
We chased her and caught her.
She was in tears, only young, recently passed, in shock etc.
Car had rego in date and she gave us her licence so we took her details.
We phoned the police as she tried to drive off but they were not interested as we caught here and no one was hurt!
Called the girl back and she has no insurance and doesn't know how she will pay but a freinds of hers has a garage who will repair our car if we want (yeah right!).
Fortunately, we have fully comp so we phoned our insurance and they will take care of it all and send her the bill. Too easy.

I tell you, it's a worry that you don't have to have third party insurance but I would advise anyone to get it and better still fully comp while there are idiots out there saving a few hundred dollars to your detriment.

Would have had a tad of sympathy for her if she didnt try to get away!

Andrew
Old Aug 7th 2006, 8:56 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Car Crash in QLD

Originally Posted by andrew63
Rego is compulsory and it includes personal liability to third person but not for property.
Over the weekend a young lady decided to pull out of a (give way) turning and crash into the side of our car.
She drove off.
We phoned the police as she tried to drive off but they were not interested as we caught here and no one was hurt!
Called the girl back and she has no insurance and doesn't know how she will pay but a freinds of hers has a garage who will repair our car if we want (yeah right!).
Fortunately, we have fully comp so we phoned our insurance and they will take care of it all and send her the bill. Too easy.

I tell you, it's a worry that you don't have to have third party insurance but I would advise anyone to get it and better still fully comp while there are idiots out there saving a few hundred dollars to your detriment.

Andrew
I'm glad no one was hurt Andrew.
My 17 year old daughter wants to learn to drive as soon as we get there and I'm petrified
Hope you get your car sorted.

Julie. x
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:02 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
My 17 year old daughter wants to learn to drive as soon as we get there and I'm petrified

Julie. x
Julie
No worries
Driving over here is far easier as far as I am concerned. Much less aggression but still the same percentage of idiots/hoons.
Your daughter may learn how to tackle a roundabout and that will put her knowledge above 50% of the drivers here in QLD anyway.
Just ensure she gets her car fully insured once she passes.

Andrew
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

She drove off.

Andrew
A little toerag crashed into me once (while I was stationary) and he didn't have insurance. He did however have a "mate" who would fix my car and would I please not make too much noise about the accident as he didn't have insurance. His mate was in a pro garage and actually they did a good job and obviously paid for the whole thing. So it might not be a blag, but an opportunity to get the car fixed without too much paperwork, etc.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Glad that no one was hurt.

Hope you get the car sorted out OK.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs

Julie. x
couldnt pick a worse place to learn to drive! some crazy drivers here on the gold coast highway! :scared:
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:34 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew

That just aint right.

I had a right little twerp ram into the arse of my car years back. Drunk as a skunk, no insurance, and tried to bolt off as he knew he was in the manure.
Grabbed him (dunno how but he hit the pavement a few times) and then found out later that he was the son of a prominent lawyer in town and that his father is still a member of the federal parliament.

Do you reckon someone rather than I paid for my car to be fixed?
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

my first crash was into the post box in the garden who put that there its usualy in the door eewps glad to hear no one was hurt its just a learning curve good luck with the repair that might be to pm me if your chasing a good repairer ive worked in most of them :scared: