Reload this Page >

First A380 To visit Aus....

First A380 To visit Aus....

Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:37 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First A380 To visit Aus....

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...005/nov05/3351
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:41 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First A380 To visit Aus....

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
You know, maybe its just me but I want to see this thing fly a bit first before I jump on board. I know its unreasonable and all that - but its just one of those things and to be honest it just about makes the biggest possible target for any terror attack.

But then - I'm paranoid anyway like that sometimes
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

You have to wait till 2007 to try the new Airbus 380, but the extra long haul Boeing 777-200LR will be in service a year ealier.

The 777-200LR is the world's longest-range commercial jetliner and is capable of connecting virtually any two cities around the globe. It is the fifth 777 model. In service, the 777-200LR can carry 301 passengers and baggage up to 9,420 nautical miles (17,445 kilometers).
Mrs JTL
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
You know, maybe its just me but I want to see this thing fly a bit first before I jump on board. I know its unreasonable and all that - but its just one of those things and to be honest it just about makes the biggest possible target for any terror attack.

I looked up Paranoid in the dictionary....... It said, 'Why do you want to know...'

I agree entirely, and wouldn't say it's unreasonable at all. That's what this trip is all about, not for passengers, Airbus is flying it round the world to a/show it off and b/ prove it does what it says on the tin.

Just will be interesting to see how big it really is next to those ickle 747s hehe
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:44 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: First A380 To visit Aus....

dont worry guys, i help build em and its just a bigger version of the technology that Airbus already have! "tried and tested"

all the info is here;
http://www.airbus.com/en/aircraftfamilies/a380/

and just think if this little baby can operate in our sky's all day every day transporting aircraft wings, the A380 shouldnt have much trouble!
Attached Thumbnails First A380 To visit Aus....-a380_12s.jpg   First A380 To visit Aus....-media_object_image_400x284_beluga_related_postition3.jpg   First A380 To visit Aus....-media_object_image_400x284_beluga_related_postition1.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (144.0 KB, 48 views)
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by robos
dont worry guys, i help build em and its just a bigger version of the technology that Airbus already have! "tried and tested"

all the info is here;

and just think if this little baby can operate in our sky's all day every day transporting aircraft wings, the A380 shouldnt have much trouble!
So is it like the company van? Do you get to borrow it on weekends? If so you could make a killing on here
Old Nov 11th 2005, 11:00 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion

We're hoping to fly to Brisbane next year with Singapore Airlines, who I believe, are the first airline to have one of these biggies. But I'm also thinking that I'd like to see it make a few successful passenger flights first.
I reckon I must be paranoid too
Old Nov 11th 2005, 11:14 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Saw an article about the experimental ultra longhaul flight Boeing were trying out this week. Heathrow to Sydney direct.

I'm not sure I could handle that one quite frankly. Thats a long time to be in an aircraft.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by <")))><
Saw an article about the experimental ultra longhaul flight Boeing were trying out this week. Heathrow to Sydney direct.

I'm not sure I could handle that one quite frankly. Thats a long time to be in an aircraft.
You would in actual fact spend less time on the aircraft that an indirect flight. Rumour has it that should QANTAS start the direct flight it would be a business class only flight or business class / premium economy flight. I for one would welcome the serveral hours saved compared to a fuel stop.

The only thing that concerns me about the A380 is the extra amount of people & luggage at the airport. I can just imaginge the crowds waiting for luggage / customs / etc. with 500 or so passangers on board :scared:
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:05 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
really
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by robos

all the info is here;

I helped out on some of the build as well , thats why i'm getting out of the country!! :scared:
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

ChadW will become famous soon enough

re: new Airbus

Hope the economy class seats are bigger and have more leg room.

re: new Boeing

Due to head winds and that then Sydney from London may not be poss. hence flight as featured on news yesterday was only Hong Kong to London.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:11 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

For the plane buffs out there.

Did ya know Google owners, have just bought a 747 from quantas... second hand, to make into a super winnebago with wings !!

I think the biggest aircraft ever was the one made by howard hughes, the wooden plane ! took off on water did 200 metres and landed again, then ditched lol

Id sooner to a transatlantic flight in a new aircraft than a 10 million mile jobby
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ChadW
re: new Airbus

Hope the economy class seats are bigger and have more leg room.
Me too!!

Originally Posted by ChadW
re: new Boeing
Due to head winds and that then Sydney from London may not be poss. hence flight as featured on news yesterday was only Hong Kong to London.
Only Thats Hong Kong to London the wrong way round!!! Actually, London to Sydney is not the problem... thats definitely doable... it's Sydney to London that there a bit unsure although there is the possibility of a ULTRA long range variant with additional fuel tanks. We will see !!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by <")))><

The thing about the record flight by Boeing this week is that there were only 35 people on board and presumably hardly any luggage. I'd like to know what the range of the aircraft is when it is fully loaded with 300 people and all their luggage.

It's still a pretty amazing achievement though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.