Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fireworks. Already !! Grrrr.

Fireworks. Already !! Grrrr.

Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fireworks. Already !! Grrrr.

Early September and the local d*ckheads are setting off fireworks already.
It's always hoodie-type teenagers setting them off over the fields here.

When it gets closer to 5th Nov we have it every night, often until the early hours ( fireworks, I mean !! oo-er. )

Is there anything similarly firework-related in Aus ?

Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:40 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fireworks. Already !! Grrrr.

Originally Posted by elmtree

When it gets closer to 5th Nov we have it every night, often until the early hours ( fireworks, I mean !! oo-er. )

Bonfire Night.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fireworks. Already !! Grrrr.

That's alright; Tazzie is a long way from WA.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

jojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud of

know exactly how you feel. we are surrounded by farmland and they were going off for about 20mins scared our horses. we were not expecting them so they were in the field .

we have it every night too but it goes on until after 5th nov
Old Sep 9th 2006, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

I thought u were bragging at first when u said u have it every night Did u know that the use of fireworks by the general public is actually banned in WA ? You have to have a permit to sell, have them in ur possession or to set them off. Its the same here in NSW, but people still manage to get them and use them. I dont mind the big organised displays, but hate the thought of such dangerous things in the hands of irresponsible idiots. Its why we had them banned in a lot of states in the first place.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 10:53 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christinabell
I thought u were bragging at first when u said u have it every night Did u know that the use of fireworks by the general public is actually banned in WA ? You have to have a permit to sell, have them in ur possession or to set them off. Its the same here in NSW, but people still manage to get them and use them. I dont mind the big organised displays, but hate the thought of such dangerous things in the hands of irresponsible idiots. Its why we had them banned in a lot of states in the first place.
As a kid, I used to enjoy the yearly firecarcker night, letting off Tom Thumbs, Double-bangers, Thunderbolts, Skyrockets etc. My best trick was tying Thunderbolt or Double-banger to a skyrocket, firing from my grandparents backyard and letting it explode in mid-air, under their supervision. The only injury I sustained was when a TT went off in my fingers(own stupid fault, forgot to throw).
As normal a few morons (not me)spoilt it for the responsible majority. It was the start of what is now referred to as the Australian nanny state.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Only fireworks we've seen or heard all year were those at the Carols by Candlelight. My Victorian niece said it was the law in Victoria not to have them (and certainly people don't seem to have them for parties, etc) - will be interesting to know if this has changed recently here too. Surprisingly we don't miss them one bit.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

No they're much stricter controlling of fireworks in Aus. As far as I know they're quiet hard to get hold of