Fired again!

Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Fired again!

So, waiting for my wife to do her nursing before we go to OZ, 2 years to go (minimum) and I work "contract" on a week to week basis.

The wait is really doing my head in but then 3 months ago I get my latest contract which is 8 miles from home, better hourly rate, 5 jobs of £50 million plus in the pipeline, unlimited internet access and they do free toast in the mornings!

The work is more the sort of thing I'll be doing in OZ so hurray thinks I, loads of work to take me through to when we go.

3 months later, all the jobs cancelled/delayed/lost, on me week's notice, no job to go to as yet, no money to pay the bills!

Bugger.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:15 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fired again!

Originally Posted by cadman
So, waiting for my wife to do her nursing before we go to OZ, 2 years to go (minimum) and I work "contract" on a week to week basis.

The wait is really doing my head in but then 3 months ago I get my latest contract which is 8 miles from home, better hourly rate, 5 jobs of £50 million plus in the pipeline, unlimited internet access and they do free toast in the mornings!

The work is more the sort of thing I'll be doing in OZ so hurray thinks I, loads of work to take me through to when we go.

3 months later, all the jobs cancelled/delayed/lost, on me week's notice, no job to go to as yet, no money to pay the bills!

Bugger.
Not to worry mate have a beer think about oz and just remember all the bloody forms and tests you will have to fill in later .....
now doesn't sound too bad does it ....
hope you find something soon
sir les
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:49 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Fired again!

Originally Posted by cadman

Bugger.
Oh I am there today, just had to take a weeks work miles from where I live as a 7 week contract I was waiting for bombed today! Something in the air????

Just joyful, not!!! I see my bills rising also.

Have a beer matey.

M