Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

finding rentals before arriving in oz?

finding rentals before arriving in oz?

Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default finding rentals before arriving in oz?

Do we have to be in oz to rent a place in person? Or has anyone sorted rentals before they arrive??
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough
Default Re: finding rentals before arriving in oz?

I sorted mine out over the web. Some Agents wouldn't rent to me unless I inspected in person, which was impossible.

However a couple were happy to let me rent, I did offer to pay the bond and 4 weeks rent to secure the properties, so that may have helped.

I managed to get a brand new 4 bed house near Brisbane. Best thing to do is email the agents and ask them

Hope this helps
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swooty
I sorted mine out over the web. Some Agents wouldn't rent to me unless I inspected in person, which was impossible.

However a couple were happy to let me rent, I did offer to pay the bond and 4 weeks rent to secure the properties, so that may have helped.

I managed to get a brand new 4 bed house near Brisbane. Best thing to do is email the agents and ask them

Hope this helps
Wow, great! We're thinking either Perth or Brisbane, have families both sides.
Thanks for that, btw.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Tassiedevil35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swooty

Hope this helps
Hi

Can u tell me the websites u went on and did they cover Tasmania?? We arrive in Tassie in march and we are looking for a rented property but so far havent had much luck...:curse:

Thanks

Sam
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:18 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Check out these mate

Domain.com.au
Homehound.com.au
Real Estate.com.au

Hope this help some....
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:25 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.stayz.com.au/ is the major short term site if you want something for the first few weeks
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Tassiedevil35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for those ......... will let u know how i get on!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:42 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocCake
Do we have to be in oz to rent a place in person? Or has anyone sorted rentals before they arrive??
I personally would stay in Holiday accomadation first, you may not want to stay in that suburb for a long period.

When you get here, its totally different to what you have seen on the net.

You need to be here to decide where to live !!

We thought we knew where we wanted to be, but after moving here, we moved 30 mins south !!

Nick
Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick72
I personally would stay in Holiday accomadation first, you may not want to stay in that suburb for a long period.

When you get here, its totally different to what you have seen on the net.

You need to be here to decide where to live !!

We thought we knew where we wanted to be, but after moving here, we moved 30 mins south !!

Nick
I agree. The house may appear lovely on t'internet but when you arrive it is in the middle of a crap hole and you have signed up for 12 months.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely go short term first - you could find yourself amongst a hoarde of bogans in a sh*t suburb in a house with mildew and cockroaches if you arent careful!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

Hi

We are in Perth and are about to break the lease on our property. It's in Butler.

The good thing is that it's not let through an agency, and the owners are happy for me to find a replacement tenant. If you or anyone else for that matter are interested, then please drop me a PM.

I am sure that they won't mind if you want to stay a month and then move on. Only thing is that it won't have any furniture!

Tracey

PS to the Mods- Sorry if I am breaking any rules