British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Finding relatives in Australia??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/finding-relatives-australia-504094/)

shiels Jan 6th 2008 9:08 pm

Finding relatives in Australia???

We have been trying to contact my OH relative who we know lives in Sydney (we have her address and telephone number) but the number justs comes up 'unable to connect your call'. She is elderly so I have checked the BDM website but no luck there either! Tried ringing the operator giving the address we have an she said there was no number listed for the address or she could be ex-directory!We used this number/address to contact her when we were in the UK so we know it was correct around 12 months ago :confused:

OH had just plucked up courage to contact her again (difficult family situation) and is unable to! Any ideas how we can find out where she is??

Thanks C x

Dorothy Jan 6th 2008 10:46 pm

Re: Finding relatives in Australia???

Has she perhaps passed on in the 12 months since? It could also be that she has moved to a retirement home or nursing home where she wouldn't have a phone in her name. Can you try contacting some of her former neighbours to see if they know what happened to her?

Timber Floor Au Jan 6th 2008 10:48 pm

perhaps ask someone on here in syd. nr her.. to pop round.

If she is elderly im sure some organisation, or council ( rates ppl ) could help

Ste

shiels Jan 7th 2008 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 5749334)
Has she perhaps passed on in the 12 months since? It could also be that she has moved to a retirement home or nursing home where she wouldn't have a phone in her name. Can you try contacting some of her former neighbours to see if they know what happened to her?

We thought that but have checked the BDM register so can only think she could have gone into a home :unsure:

Maybe if we write to her address we will get some correspondence from someone. :confused:

Thanks, C x

Josie1100 Jan 7th 2008 9:16 am

we are in Maroubra and about 15 minutes from the Sydney city centre. If we can be of any help then let us know. I know the place is so vast so guess it could be hours away from us!!!!

Tammy

harrip Jan 7th 2008 9:18 am

www.whitepages.com.au may be of help?

shiels Jan 7th 2008 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Josie1100 (Post 5751295)
we are in Maroubra and about 15 minutes from the Sydney city centre. If we can be of any help then let us know. I know the place is so vast so guess it could be hours away from us!!!!

Tammy

She lived in Mittagong, anywhere near you? C x

shiels Jan 7th 2008 9:27 am

Originally Posted by harrip (Post 5751305)
www.whitepages.com.au may be of help?

Tried that too!!! C x

harrip Jan 7th 2008 9:37 am

Electoral role - http://www.peoplesearch.com.au/Publi...ectoral_Rolls/

?

Josie1100 Jan 7th 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by shiels (Post 5751363)
She lived in Mittagong, anywhere near you? C x

just looked on memory map and it is quite a way from us. Sorry we could not help with this. Hope that somebody else might be a bit closer.

Tammy x

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me Jan 7th 2008 11:14 am

Originally Posted by shiels (Post 5748924)
We have been trying to contact my OH relative who we know lives in Sydney (we have her address and telephone number) but the number justs comes up 'unable to connect your call'. She is elderly so I have checked the BDM website but no luck there either! Tried ringing the operator giving the address we have an she said there was no number listed for the address or she could be ex-directory!We used this number/address to contact her when we were in the UK so we know it was correct around 12 months ago :confused:

OH had just plucked up courage to contact her again (difficult family situation) and is unable to! Any ideas how we can find out where she is??

Thanks C x

Try contacting the Salvation Army (worked for my family), good luck in your search.