Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finding relatives in Australia???

Finding relatives in Australia???

Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:08 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finding relatives in Australia???

We have been trying to contact my OH relative who we know lives in Sydney (we have her address and telephone number) but the number justs comes up 'unable to connect your call'. She is elderly so I have checked the BDM website but no luck there either! Tried ringing the operator giving the address we have an she said there was no number listed for the address or she could be ex-directory!We used this number/address to contact her when we were in the UK so we know it was correct around 12 months ago

OH had just plucked up courage to contact her again (difficult family situation) and is unable to! Any ideas how we can find out where she is??

Thanks C x
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding relatives in Australia???

Has she perhaps passed on in the 12 months since? It could also be that she has moved to a retirement home or nursing home where she wouldn't have a phone in her name. Can you try contacting some of her former neighbours to see if they know what happened to her?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps ask someone on here in syd. nr her.. to pop round.

If she is elderly im sure some organisation, or council ( rates ppl ) could help

Ste
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:56 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Has she perhaps passed on in the 12 months since? It could also be that she has moved to a retirement home or nursing home where she wouldn't have a phone in her name. Can you try contacting some of her former neighbours to see if they know what happened to her?
We thought that but have checked the BDM register so can only think she could have gone into a home

Maybe if we write to her address we will get some correspondence from someone.

Thanks, C x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

we are in Maroubra and about 15 minutes from the Sydney city centre. If we can be of any help then let us know. I know the place is so vast so guess it could be hours away from us!!!!

Tammy
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:18 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

www.whitepages.com.au may be of help?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:26 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Josie1100
we are in Maroubra and about 15 minutes from the Sydney city centre. If we can be of any help then let us know. I know the place is so vast so guess it could be hours away from us!!!!

Tammy
She lived in Mittagong, anywhere near you? C x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:27 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by harrip
www.whitepages.com.au may be of help?
Tried that too!!! C x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:37 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Electoral role - http://www.peoplesearch.com.au/Publi...ectoral_Rolls/

?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shiels
She lived in Mittagong, anywhere near you? C x
just looked on memory map and it is quite a way from us. Sorry we could not help with this. Hope that somebody else might be a bit closer.

Tammy x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiels
We have been trying to contact my OH relative who we know lives in Sydney (we have her address and telephone number) but the number justs comes up 'unable to connect your call'. She is elderly so I have checked the BDM website but no luck there either! Tried ringing the operator giving the address we have an she said there was no number listed for the address or she could be ex-directory!We used this number/address to contact her when we were in the UK so we know it was correct around 12 months ago

OH had just plucked up courage to contact her again (difficult family situation) and is unable to! Any ideas how we can find out where she is??

Thanks C x
Try contacting the Salvation Army (worked for my family), good luck in your search.