Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

finding hoilday rent in perth.

finding hoilday rent in perth.

Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:11 am
Just Joined

tracyhughes19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default finding hoilday rent in perth.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults 2 children) looking to activate our visa between mid feb and march, not having much luck seeking short term property rental for the 2-3 week stay.any area considered in or surrounding Perth.
Any help or advice very gratefully received.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

shussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really nice
Default Re: finding hoilday rent in perth.

Have you tried these websites?
http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/
http://www.stayz.com.au/

When we mover from the UK we used Rentahome and the service and property were good.

Good luck!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shussel
Have you tried these websites?
http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/
http://www.stayz.com.au/

When we mover from the UK we used Rentahome and the service and property were good.

Good luck!
have tried stayz not much luck as so much booked up for the times we need to go.will try the other site . thank you
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:08 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracyhughes19
We are a family of 4 (2 adults 2 children) looking to activate our visa between mid feb and march, not having much luck seeking short term property rental for the 2-3 week stay.any area considered in or surrounding Perth.
Any help or advice very gratefully received.
Try http://perth.gumtree.com.au/f-Unit-H...W0QQCatIdZ9296

There are short term rentals though may be hard to get for just a few weeks.
Good luck.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

wot does every one else do that are going over to activate only.i am surprised how hard this is becoming.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

msbds is on a distinguished road

Hi, we're going over beginning of March to activate our visas - booked a villa with http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk
only sorted it in last couple of weeks. Good luck
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:52 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

wot does every one else do that are going over to activate only.i am surprised how hard this is becoming.
Hi Tracey

Believe me...... this is the easy part!
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

What is hard? When we came over to validate the visa we just booked it like we would any holiday.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

all sorted thanks everyone ... stayz website came up good in the end.. worried about the comment "this is the easy part "
looking forward to our holiday.. mid feb xx
Old Jan 14th 2012, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been in oz for 7 years, and it still shocks me the quality and pice of rentals in perth.

WE are looking at some shitbox for $1000 a week, for a 4 week stay.

Sickens me big time.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
I have been in oz for 7 years, and it still shocks me the quality and pice of rentals in perth.

WE are looking at some shitbox for $1000 a week, for a 4 week stay.

Sickens me big time.
Would be an expensive long term rent, but seems quite reasonable for a holiday rental.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:10 am
Hillarys, Perth

Thumbs up Re: finding hoilday rent in perth.

all sorted thanks everyone ... stayz website came up good in the end.. worried about the comment "this is the easy part "
looking forward to our holiday.. mid feb xx
Hi Tracey

Sorry if my " this is the easy part" comment was a bit flippent, but many on here will agree moving to another country is the most stressful thing you"ll ever embark upon. What I was saying was if you think finding a holiday rental is stressful, wait until you you make the move over.... then you"ll know about stress and how hard life can be at times.

True, I know nothing about your personal situation and you may have an established family here, be lucky enough to have lots of money to buy your dream home, be able to pay for your kids to have the best education etc. But my advice is understand that the journey can be very tough and very trying on relationships. Just be prepared mentally for the enormity of it all and you"ll be ok.

Have you been here before? use your time wisely, have you got kids? workout what type of education you want to give/can afford. For example, my friends have 1 child at Hale (boys school) and their daughter at St Marys(girls school. In the paper yesterday I noted a league table and they are yet again amongst the top schools in Perth. This comes at a cost, I think they mentioned they are paying over $40,000 per year in fees. If you can afford paying fees for private education then great, however if you will use the public system you will need to think about where you will live.

We personally are using the public system, where the location of your house is will determine in many cases, which public school your kids will attend as they have strict catchment areas and living on the wrong side of the road may mean they have to go to a different school than you would like them to go.

This is where your in a good position as if you have no ties here (family, friends, job) you can stay anywhere you fancy. I keep going on about schools, but get the kids right and you will be half way there. Look at the schools you are interested in and then look at renting in the area to get your kids into that school. If you cannot afford to buy a house in the area, at least you will have the school and can commute to it.

http://www.myschool.edu.au/ This a good link to select a school.
Have you researched housing and areas to live? There are loads of threads on here... use the search at the top.

www.realestate.com.au will help you with houses.

As a general rule, the close you live to the ocean or the river, the higher the house price.

Finally.... so if I've gone on a bit.... but here's an example of the stress part I mentioned.
Yesterday my wife got a phone call telling us her Dad has had a fall and has got a bleed to the brain and has less than 24-48 hours to live. We had 5 hours to get her packed and to the airport as she wanted to try and be there to say good bye. This is what you have to be prepared for mentally if you are leaving family behind I guess and we have always known this could happen, but not know how long she'll be gone for, (they tell me funerals can take 3 weeks at the moment in the area they live), the added pressure this can put on a family can be impossible to describe. Fortunately she works for a great company who are very understanding and have told her to just go and don't worry about work everything will be ok, but her sister who has also gone, thinks she'll be out of a job when she returns.

I wish you every luck, as I said, use your time here wisely to find an area to live, schools for kids etc etc. Have a holiday and enjoy yourself but work hard to get it right for you and your family.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

I hope your wife gets home in time to see her Dad.I agree,it is a very stressful time.I think it is important to have an action plan in case that day does come.Have a credit card ready,a back up plan for work and for kids.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 1:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Hi Tracey

Sorry if my " this is the easy part" comment was a bit flippent, but many on here will agree moving to another country is the most stressful thing you"ll ever embark upon. What I was saying was if you think finding a holiday rental is stressful, wait until you you make the move over.... then you"ll know about stress and how hard life can be at times.

True, I know nothing about your personal situation and you may have an established family here, be lucky enough to have lots of money to buy your dream home, be able to pay for your kids to have the best education etc. But my advice is understand that the journey can be very tough and very trying on relationships. Just be prepared mentally for the enormity of it all and you"ll be ok.

Have you been here before? use your time wisely, have you got kids? workout what type of education you want to give/can afford. For example, my friends have 1 child at Hale (boys school) and their daughter at St Marys(girls school. In the paper yesterday I noted a league table and they are yet again amongst the top schools in Perth. This comes at a cost, I think they mentioned they are paying over $40,000 per year in fees. If you can afford paying fees for private education then great, however if you will use the public system you will need to think about where you will live.

We personally are using the public system, where the location of your house is will determine in many cases, which public school your kids will attend as they have strict catchment areas and living on the wrong side of the road may mean they have to go to a different school than you would like them to go.

This is where your in a good position as if you have no ties here (family, friends, job) you can stay anywhere you fancy. I keep going on about schools, but get the kids right and you will be half way there. Look at the schools you are interested in and then look at renting in the area to get your kids into that school. If you cannot afford to buy a house in the area, at least you will have the school and can commute to it.

http://www.myschool.edu.au/ This a good link to select a school.
Have you researched housing and areas to live? There are loads of threads on here... use the search at the top.

www.realestate.com.au will help you with houses.

As a general rule, the close you live to the ocean or the river, the higher the house price.

Finally.... so if I've gone on a bit.... but here's an example of the stress part I mentioned.
Yesterday my wife got a phone call telling us her Dad has had a fall and has got a bleed to the brain and has less than 24-48 hours to live. We had 5 hours to get her packed and to the airport as she wanted to try and be there to say good bye. This is what you have to be prepared for mentally if you are leaving family behind I guess and we have always known this could happen, but not know how long she'll be gone for, (they tell me funerals can take 3 weeks at the moment in the area they live), the added pressure this can put on a family can be impossible to describe. Fortunately she works for a great company who are very understanding and have told her to just go and don't worry about work everything will be ok, but her sister who has also gone, thinks she'll be out of a job when she returns.

I wish you every luck, as I said, use your time here wisely to find an area to live, schools for kids etc etc. Have a holiday and enjoy yourself but work hard to get it right for you and your family.
I saw that you were at the airport on FB, I am sorry that M has had to go home under such awful circumstances. Please pass on my love to her and I hope she got home in time.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, all the best to your family, N.