Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Financial Records - what to bring?

Financial Records - what to bring?

Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Financial Records - what to bring?

hi everyone

pulling my hair out over probably a very daft dilemma - what financial records do i need to take with me to oz to get established?

I'm getting a credit check done, I don't have any debts, no mortgage (lifelong renter). As regards tax, I have payslips and p45s,p60s etc going back to the early 90s. Likewise bank statements.

I was wondering if records for the past few years only would suffice.

Would be so grateful for any advice from anyone out there who's already bought the t-shirt...

Thanks
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Records - what to bring?

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
hi everyone

pulling my hair out over probably a very daft dilemma - what financial records do i need to take with me to oz to get established?

I'm getting a credit check done, I don't have any debts, no mortgage (lifelong renter). As regards tax, I have payslips and p45s,p60s etc going back to the early 90s. Likewise bank statements.

I was wondering if records for the past few years only would suffice.

Would be so grateful for any advice from anyone out there who's already bought the t-shirt...

Thanks
Don't bother to bring any unless it's like a pension being transferred and bear in mind there's a good chance you will be taxed here on it here, I believe Credit checks from the Uk mean nothing you will start a fresh from here, if i'm wrong no doubt i will be corrected,
The impression i have got is they are not interested in your past bank statements but will be interested in what you deposit here.
You could bring proof of no claims bonus on car insurance however they took my word for it I and got maximium discount. A good time to have a de-clutter
Good Luck

John
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all
Default Re: Financial Records - what to bring?

nope your correct its a fresh new start when it comes to credit

although i am bringing my bank statements to "prove" i paid my bills for say the last 2 years ie showing all the direct debits going out and have sufficient money in the account all the time to support this