Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FINALLY HAVE SOME NEWS !!!!!

FINALLY HAVE SOME NEWS !!!!!

Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: FINALLY HAVE SOME NEWS !!!!!

I thought I did not see right! Such a big congratulations! You deserve it so much!!! Go and celebrate big time!!!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Diwali brings the path to prosperity, or in your case, to the promised land!!!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

barbiedoll is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Guys I am still so excited....and whilst I don't have the OFFICIAL nod, it is almost there....
I have a couple of minutes now and will post on the immigration section of this board.....people here have been so supportive and my day has finally come......
great news nix,i know it will be your turn soon.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Aberboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys I am still so excited....and whilst I don't have the OFFICIAL nod, it is almost there....
I have a couple of minutes now and will post on the immigration section of this board.....people here have been so supportive and my day has finally come......
Congrads!!!!
You can nw change your signature!!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:26 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Congratulations Nix and Mike. Absolutely thrilled for you. I know you've been waiting for this such a long time. You can start making proper plans now!!!! I can't believe they are still so behind so good luck to everyone still waiting for visas - and those waiting to sell up back home

Enjoy the celebrations! I can't believe we are here 18 weeks on Saturday . Time flies......
Irish Gal x
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

huiyin will become famous soon enough

I heard from my CO this morning !!!! And the news is EXCELLENT!!!

I am pleased to advise that your application has been assigned to me for
assessment today, and you have met all the requirements for the grant of
the Subclass 138 Skilled-Australian Sponsored visa.

I apologise on behalf of the ASPC for the delay in assessing your
application. We received an unprecedented number of application lodged
just before the changes in migration requirements of 1 September 2008. At
the moment we are still assessing cases dated August 2008, and will be for
quite some time.

I am unable to finalise your application today, because Faith's passport is
about to expire and will not be valid for travel to Australia. Please send
a scanned copy of her new passport for my urgent attention, and I will
grant your visas on receipt of this information.

Obviously I have already scanned and sent a copy of my daughter's passport, and I would imagine that this means I have a visa!

Don't know what to think this morning after more than 14 months of waiting....

Feels fantastic....and a little surreal.

You guys have been very supportive in these last couple of weeks....and I have really needed it. Thank you to you all.

A very happy
Nix
Do your occupation in demand?
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Nix

I am SOOOOOOO THRILLED for you both - you have been waiting SUCH a long time and I know you've really felt it.

At last - the positive karma has paid off !
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Guys - thanks for all the wishes. I still cannot believe it, and am eagerly awaiting that final notification.....although from the wording of the email yesterday, it is approved in principle......all feels very very very exciting!

I have changed my signature! Feels good !!!

Nix
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Guys - thanks for all the wishes. I still cannot believe it, and am eagerly awaiting that final notification.....although from the wording of the email yesterday, it is approved in principle......all feels very very very exciting!

I have changed my signature! Feels good !!!

Nix
Nix -

You didn't receive your grant letter in your today? I thought for sure it would have arrived this AM, going by the wording in the first letter. Tomorrow then!

Catherine
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
Nix -

You didn't receive your grant letter in your today? I thought for sure it would have arrived this AM, going by the wording in the first letter. Tomorrow then!

Catherine
No grant letter today......but I am not concerned. I want to give them a day or two......and the wording I have reread so many times, and it was very clear......they will grant the visa once they have the updated passport. That was an easy request.....
But still......eager to have it in my hands....

Nix
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

No grant letter today......but I am not concerned. I want to give them a day or two......and the wording I have reread so many times, and it was very clear......they will grant the visa once they have the updated passport. That was an easy request.....
But still......eager to have it in my hands....

Nix
I have to take my hat off to you, how you have remained so calm all this time.
I think I would have been tearing down the walls by now especially when you can smell that visa.
Cross fingers for tomorrow and heaps of good wishes for you both.
WWWT
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:48 am
Just Joined

pixie135 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just like to say a big CONGRATULATIONS

catherine x
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Hi Nix,
Sooooooo pleased for you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not before time, I know how frustrating it has been for you-such a looong wait without word of even a c.o despite all your monthly calls to check on your application!!!!!!!! But, hey-know that wait is over
-
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU,WISHING YOU A FANTASTIC NEW LIFE IN OZ !
Take care & enjoy your celebrations