Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally got my Visa!! .... and has anyone shipped an Electric guitar to Australia?

Finally got my Visa!! .... and has anyone shipped an Electric guitar to Australia?

Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally got my Visa!! .... and has anyone shipped an Electric guitar to Australia?

I couldnt believe it ... there it was, after all the communications an e-mails, and other assorted stuff ... my visa was granted !!

hoorah !!

so, i am looking at shipping stuff over, and i have my beloved Ibanez Jem 7V guitar (worth $5000) and i need to ship it there, does anyone have any ideas for shipping something in a hurry that is fairly safe ??

ta
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got my Visa!! .... and has anyone shipped an Electric guitar to Australia

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
I couldnt believe it ... there it was, after all the communications an e-mails, and other assorted stuff ... my visa was granted !!

hoorah !!

so, i am looking at shipping stuff over, and i have my beloved Ibanez Jem 7V guitar (worth $5000) and i need to ship it there, does anyone have any ideas for shipping something in a hurry that is fairly safe ??

ta
Hubby put his in the container. but if you want it there quick, get an extra strong case, if you haven't already got one and take it as luggage.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got my Visa!! .... and has anyone shipped an Electric guitar to Australia

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hubby put his in the container. but if you want it there quick, get an extra strong case, if you haven't already got one and take it as luggage.
i have a very strong flight case for it, but the luggage allowance i thought for flights to Oz was only around 20Kgs? and that will be clothes etc.

is it to big to post?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got my Visa!! .... and has anyone shipped an Electric guitar to Australia?

Congratulations on getting the visa mate.

Have a read of this thread and the links in it......
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=guitar
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

i have a very strong flight case for it, but the luggage allowance i thought for flights to Oz was only around 20Kgs? and that will be clothes etc.

is it to big to post?
Some airlines will allow up to 40kgs if you are going as a PR and this is your first entry after pr has been granted. Do a search here under "extra baggage allowance" and you'll find quite a few threads. Get confirmation in writing first though direct from the airline so as to avoid a nightmare at the check-in. And congratulations!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got my Visa!! .... and has anyone shipped an Electric guitar to Australia?

hoorah !!

ta
Congratulations on the Visa, Can't give any advice on the Guitar though

John & Nicky
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:00 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hoorah !!

ta
yeah we just sent an email to singapore airlines to their uk office and you can have 40kg with them even if you have a long stopover ...they said just to print the email out would be good enough
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:40 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on getting your visa
Julie. x
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:31 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

hoorah !!

ta
Why in a hurry for the guitar?

Either take it with you one way and discuss with airline - they can do extra charge carriage if needed. Are you not planning on having anything else shipped?

Ohh - congratulations as well.

Cheers