Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Filing for UK Bankruptcy

Filing for UK Bankruptcy

Old May 2nd 2006, 2:52 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Filing for UK Bankruptcy

Hello,

Just after some advice after being told there is a possibility my job may be going!!!! :scared:

I've been busy servicing my depts in the UK but with possible redundancy here in Oz, am I able to file for UK bankruptcy from here in Australia. I obviously hope to get a job in good time to avoid this nightmare but wanted to get a heads up if anyone has been through the process??

Thanks for any helpful responce!
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:29 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing for UK Bankruptcy

Originally Posted by Plug
Hello,

Just after some advice after being told there is a possibility my job may be going!!!! :scared:

I've been busy servicing my depts in the UK but with possible redundancy here in Oz, am I able to file for UK bankruptcy from here in Australia. I obviously hope to get a job in good time to avoid this nightmare but wanted to get a heads up if anyone has been through the process??

Thanks for any helpful responce!
Be very careful in making the decision. It will affect your credit rating here in Oz - and dont think to exclude it from credit applications they do find out.

You would be better to contact your creditors and make temporary arrangements why you sort out your employment. They are more understanding when you work with them against surprising them.

Kiwi
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:21 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
You would be better to contact your creditors and make temporary arrangements why you sort out your employment. They are more understanding when you work with them against surprising them.

Kiwi
Hi the bears,

I would strongly suggest that you follow Kiwi's advice and contact your creditors. Go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau wherever you live on Oz and they will help you with drafting the letters (for free). Most UK creditors will agree to £nil repayments for a while and most UK creditors will even stop charging interest - but you must contact them as soon as possible when you lose your job. (And if you do it through a CAB, they are more likley to believe you.)

Gina
Old May 5th 2006, 8:11 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi the bears,

I would strongly suggest that you follow Kiwi's advice and contact your creditors. Go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau wherever you live on Oz and they will help you with drafting the letters (for free). Most UK creditors will agree to £nil repayments for a while and most UK creditors will even stop charging interest - but you must contact them as soon as possible when you lose your job. (And if you do it through a CAB, they are more likley to believe you.)

Gina
Hi Gina

I think you mean "The Plug"

Kiwi is the oldest of "TheBears"

Kiwi
Old May 8th 2006, 2:58 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

BUMP - It's happened so looking for some serious advice now while I spend some time on Seek!!
Old May 8th 2006, 3:10 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Plug
BUMP - It's happened so looking for some serious advice now while I spend some time on Seek!!

Try the 'Dealing with Debt' board at the Motley Fool: www.fool.co.uk

Lots of useful information and advice from people who have been there.