Reload this Page >

"Fiddler on the Benefits" - a great night out

Wikiposts

"Fiddler on the Benefits" - a great night out

Old Aug 31st 2003, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Fiddler on the Benefits" - a great night out

I am planning to put the story of my life here in Oz on the stage as a musical, "Fiddler on the Benefits". It will be an all singing, all dancing spectacular, and the score includes such future hits as:

Thank heavens (for little debts)
Wouldn't it be luvverly (to have a decent career)
As long as Oz needs me
Cairns ain't wot it used to be

In the spirit of accuracy, I am considering offering the central role to Ewan McGregor for the young me, and then I come on at the end as myself for the big finale ("Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner" singalong with the audience).

For now, I am looking for suggestions for other numbers and where you think I can take the show on the road. I am expecting the show to appeal mostly to poms and if there is sufficient interest it may become a show on ice when it hits England.

All the best, Wilf
Old Aug 31st 2003, 2:39 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Fiddler on the Benefits" - a great night out

Originally posted by Wilf
I am planning to put the story of my life here in Oz on the stage as a musical, "Fiddler on the Benefits". It will be an all singing, all dancing spectacular, and the score includes such future hits as:

All the best, Wilf

"Who will Buy My Beautiful Three Bedroom Semi Detached House" - from Oliver
Old Aug 31st 2003, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr
"Who will Buy My Beautiful Three Bedroom Semi Detached House" - from Oliver

Great one mate, it's in. I can pencil you in for the solo? You can play the important part of my neighbour Richard with that song as your big number. Have to provide your own costume though if ok.
Old Aug 31st 2003, 2:59 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

"You'll Never Walkabout" - Carousel
"I Get A Kick Out of Uluru" - Anything Goes
"Send in the Hairdressers" - A Little Night Music
"Singing in the Sun" - Singing in the Rain
"The Phantom of Sydney Opera House" - Phantom
Old Aug 31st 2003, 3:08 pm
Karma Comedian

or an alternative to above:

"I Get A Kick Out of Kangaroo"
Old Aug 31st 2003, 3:11 pm
Karma Comedian

"Whatever Wallaby, Wallaby" (the Que Sera song)
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:31 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

"The sun'll come out tomorrow" (it always does in Oz)
- Annie-
Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

don't forget the classic " Consider yourself a Pom, consider yourself lower than a Wallaby" from Oliver again? Seems to be a theme
LMS
Old Sep 1st 2003, 2:18 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by Wilf

Thank heavens (for little debts)
Wouldn't it be luvverly (to have a decent career)
As long as Oz needs me
Cairns ain't wot it used to be

In the spirit of accuracy, I am considering offering the central role to Ewan McGregor for the young me, and then I come on at the end as myself for the big finale ("Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner" singalong with the audience).

For now, I am looking for suggestions for other numbers and where you think I can take the show on the road. I am expecting the show to appeal mostly to poms and if there is sufficient interest it may become a show on ice when it hits England.

All the best, Wilf
The thought occurs that you could call your musical 'Prats' after Andrew Lloyd Webber!! Just to restore some balance, although to you guys a well balanced person is one with 5 chips on each shoulder.

I still call Australia home

I come from a land down under

TennisOz

Old Sep 1st 2003, 2:28 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

"advance australia welfare"
Old Sep 1st 2003, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

'ayers rock island line'
Old Sep 1st 2003, 2:42 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by seang
"advance australia welfare"
Lol