Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fiance visa - how long?

fiance visa - how long?

Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:56 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough
Default fiance visa - how long?

Does anyone have any experience of fiance visa applications?

As in, how long before you hear anything?

Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:02 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fiance visa - how long?

Originally posted by loose

Cheers.
A de-Facto application just got approved in 6 weeks over Xmas. If your application is straight forward with no health or character issues then 6 weeks should be a good guideline.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:04 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

At the rate hes going, Dagboys spouse visa will go in about 3 weeks before he gets deported back to the UK. Hope hes got a plane ticket booked in case it takes 6 weeks .
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:06 am

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
At the rate hes going, Dagboys spouse visa will go in about 3 weeks before he gets deported back to the UK. Hope hes got a plane ticket booked in case it takes 6 weeks .
Mrs DB you are probably aware that on application Mr DB will be issued with a bridging visa with the his current visas work rights. The bridging visa will last until a decision is made on the spouse visa.

How is the application collation going?
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:12 am
Re mem mem member

Thanks - my app went in just before xmas, at Oz house in London. Am aiming for Jan wedding and we get 9 months from when we're approved! Could be a little tight.

Will they still request I go for medicals etc?
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:59 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Mrs DB you are probably aware that on application Mr DB will be issued with a bridging visa with the his current visas work rights. The bridging visa will last until a decision is made on the spouse visa.

How is the application collation going?

I think he has most things now, my biggest worry is that he asked a few people to write some stat decs to prove it was " a continuing relationship" & thats exactly what they wrote! "Dagboy & MrsDagboy have been married for x amount of time & we think its a continuing relationship" :scared: Even his mum & dad wrote that & nothing more . Great help, somehow I think that they are looking for just a bit more than 2 lines :lecture: .

Not sure what else he really needs?

(sorry loose, didnt mean to hijack the thread & I cant actually answer your question, but Im sure someone will be able to )
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:02 am
Re mem mem member

Dont worry MrsD, not a prob!

Like you I had fun with the stat decs. One of my mates wrote a stat dec that read like a Mills and Boon novel. It was hilarious.

Good luck to you anyway, hope you get sorted too!!!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road

, somehow I think that they are looking for just a bit more than 2 lines :lecture: .
Wouldn't worry about that, I'm currently in oz holding bridging visa waiting for my spouse visa, we had got every1 to write really detailed statements, and spend ages writing our own, and the case officer barely even glanced at them! We where only in there about 2 minutes!!
Old Jan 16th 2004, 8:36 pm

I think he has most things now, my biggest worry is that he asked a few people to write some stat decs to prove it was " a continuing relationship" & thats exactly what they wrote! "Dagboy & MrsDagboy have been married for x amount of time & we think its a continuing relationship" :scared: Even his mum & dad wrote that & nothing more . Great help, somehow I think that they are looking for just a bit more than 2 lines :lecture: .

Not sure what else he really needs?

(sorry loose, didnt mean to hijack the thread & I cant actually answer your question, but Im sure someone will be able to )
Mrs DB you need not worry. They have stated what DIMIA want to hear. If DIMIA get suspicious (which I doubt they will in your situation ie married with kids and owning a house) they can ask for more information or a Greencard style interview.

I wrote out a rough copy for people and said you can use this, use it as a guideline or write what you want. Have a look at the Anthonykirby threads and you will soon realise you have nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 10:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

Hope so BP. Have seen a thread or 2 of Anthonys where he had a list of docs he submitted or something, but thats all, I will look up some of his posts later .

I didnt necessarily want Mills & Boon, but I thought something more than 1 sentence from his Mum & Dad might have been more helpful LOL (especially since my parents arent around, but have got my brother & sister to do one instead)

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jan 16th 2004 at 10:47 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 2:08 am

You and DB have been married together longer than most applicants, you have children and property. You need not worry. Mr DB will get PR on approval unlike most of us who have to wait 2 years on a temporary visa.

BTW onshore partner applications have a different timeline to London AHC applications. I have only heard of one on here and that took over 4 months.

Hopefully ptlabs or Alan Collett might jump in here but bridging visas have travel restrictions. Apparently you can request a bridging visa with less stringent restrictions but I am unsure about what to ask for.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: fiance visa - how long?

Originally posted by loose

Cheers.
I submitted my application at my interview with case officer on 6th Jan in melbourne and would have apparently got the TR two year visa issued within a few days only I had problems with my medicals and have to wait for that to get sorted.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 4:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I finally managed to get hold of someone on the phone at DIMIA this week about my temp residence visa after we are married.

Re the bridging visa; although the automatic one has travel restrictions, if a trip to the UK is needed at short notice,(like the circumstances none of us want to think about), then ring the case officer, or office dealing, and they will sort it at once so you can travel.

Secondly they said I won't need another medical. Hooray!!!

Thirdly, processing time at present for spouse visas is approx 3-4 months onshore.

Lany, how are things going? Any news?
Old Jan 17th 2004, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pollyana
I finally managed to get hold of someone on the phone at DIMIA this week about my temp residence visa after we are married.

Re the bridging visa; although the automatic one has travel restrictions, if a trip to the UK is needed at short notice,(like the circumstances none of us want to think about), then ring the case officer, or office dealing, and they will sort it at once so you can travel.

Secondly they said I won't need another medical. Hooray!!!

Thirdly, processing time at present for spouse visas is approx 3-4 months onshore.

Lany, how are things going? Any news?
Hey pollyanna, how come they take 3-4 months? I was told that if it hadn't been for my medical result it would've happened very quickly....yikes is that wrong?!?!?!?
Old Jan 17th 2004, 4:29 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Lany
Hey pollyanna, how come they take 3-4 months? I was told that if it hadn't been for my medical result it would've happened very quickly....yikes is that wrong?!?!?!?
We were told of one fairly recently that went through an agent & took 9 days. Maybe times have increased since then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.