few questions

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:23 am
Just Joined

hello_cmc is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation few questions

Hi All ,
I have recently joined this forum . We have permanent visa and plan to move to melbourne next year .I have following questions

1. we have a 2 year old kid , while taking cab from airport , where can we get the carseat ? ( our current carseat is USA manufactured
2. can a family of 3 is allowed to stay in studio apartments ?
3. how much a rental car will approximatly cost ?
4. what appliances , rental apartments usually have ( like stove/fridge/microwave)?
5.will we need to sign a contract if we buy cell phone ?
6. how can we locate a doctor near our place when we need ?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of
Default Re: few questions

Hi there i just wanted to welcome you to the BE site, you will become addicted to this place
you can do a search on here for the things you want to know, just click on the search button and type in what it is that you want, threads will pop up and you can read away to your hearts content .
good luck to you all

annkc
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:44 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hello_cmc
Hi All ,
I have recently joined this forum . We have permanent visa and plan to move to melbourne next year .I have following questions

1. we have a 2 year old kid , while taking cab from airport , where can we get the carseat ? ( our current carseat is USA manufactured
2. can a family of 3 is allowed to stay in studio apartments ?
4. what appliances , rental apartments usually have ( like stove/fridge/microwave)?

Thanks in advance
Good questions hope some one in the know can answerer them im interested my self esp about the car seats
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

Think I can answer some:

1. we have a 2 year old kid , while taking cab from airport , where can we get the carseat ? ( our current carseat is USA manufactured)
Its basically a case of waiting at the aiport for a cab to turn up with a car seat in the back - there aren't many but some do have them and you shouldn't have to wait too long (depending on the time you arrive and the number of taxis waiting!). Just ask the guy running the taxi rank to request one for you.

A few key rental car links:
http://www.budget.com.au/default.aspx
https://www.hertz.com.au/
www.thrifty.com.au
www.avis.com.au
It really depends on where you're picking it up and dropping it off, how big you want it to be, how long you want it for etc. A basic car to pick up and drop off in the same place would probably be about $60 for the day but a longer rental would be cheaper. You then need to add insurance etc. on top and work out whether the offer has unlimited miles included - most of the websites don't quote the total amount so watch for the hidden extras! If you hire a car I am sure you can request a child seat to be included in the hire.

Most apartments (in our limited experience) have had cooker and dishwasher in the fitted kitchen and that's it in terms of appliances. Microwave, washing machine and fridge all need to be supplied by you unless you can find a fully furnished apartment.

You don't have to sign a contract but the phones aren't that cheap if you want a decent one. You'll be spending a minimum of $100 on a very basic phone but will probably get some free credit with that which you can then top up. The contracts are generally for a minimum of 24 months - I would not reccomend Telstra despite their good signal coverage, they seem to be expensive in comparison to others.

We just used this website and put in our post code.
http://www.mydr.com.au/hcp/hcp.asp?mode=GP
It might be better to get to know some neighbours and go by reccommendation though.

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:12 am
Just Joined

hello_cmc is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you so much ,
one more question
whether a family of 3 is allowed to stay in studio apartments or not ? Are they safe ?. is it only for single people ? Obviously We do not want spend lot of money in first few weeks but do not want to end up at unsafe place either

thanks again