Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling the stress cant find tenants!!

Feeling the stress cant find tenants!!

Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:12 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Feeling the stress cant find tenants!!

I have posted before bout my situation but i'm getting very stressed as still no tenants have been found, we have just bought a house and so we broke our lease but we are still paying for both, i really dont understand it, buderim is a popular place and when we first moved here there was so much competition for rentals we must have applied for at least 15 properties, so why does nobody want it or are the real estate people not doin there job properly and are enjoying our pain as now we are skint, does anyone have any thoughts on this please help
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:12 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling the stress cant find tenants!!

I was a bit suprised when I read where the rental was too..

Had a look at some websites and was quite suprised (again) to find quite a lot of rentals available near my area.. when we looked 3 months ago, there was hardly any affordable.. now there *isnt* millions, but a fair few..

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get new tenants soon...

Don't suppose you are allowed to advertise the rental yourself in the paper??

Em x
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:26 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hello

Thats a real pain now isnt it your house is lovely ,can you put it in the classified here maybe some one is coming over this month. or what about letting it out as a holiday let if you can till january Think from what the estate agent was saying a lot of people move in January. ild say you would find some one for the hols

Hope you find some one soon

sending Karma you find some one
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:45 pm

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, i have put it in the classifieds but have had no joy and ive put the word out, i just feel like the real estate are not even bothered as really legally we have to keep payin till march wen our lease finishes so they dont have to find anyone till then. I wouldnt be able to let it out as a holiday let as its not furnished, its a shame cos its a lovely brand new house on a quiet estate near to everything wen i went for this house back in march there were 30 people there and 10 applicants i just dont get it.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:50 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by collybabe24
Thanks guys, i have put it in the classifieds but have had no joy and ive put the word out, i just feel like the real estate are not even bothered as really legally we have to keep payin till march wen our lease finishes so they dont have to find anyone till then. I wouldnt be able to let it out as a holiday let as its not furnished, its a shame cos its a lovely brand new house on a quiet estate near to everything wen i went for this house back in march there were 30 people there and 10 applicants i just dont get it.

Thats a pity isnt it may be another estate agent I know more money are they even doing open house at all. it must be a killer paying rent on a house your not living in now, i was sure you would have tennants in a few weeks tops Buderim is beautiful

Ill be thinking of you
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Probably just the time of year, Christmas, guess a lot of people just dont move in the lead up to that, we rent a house out and have always been advised to avoid leases expiring in December, will probably rent in january once people start to want to be settled in for the new school year.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:55 pm

Thanks chick apparently they have had 3 applications but refused all, dont know why, they did two open house viewings, gonna ring them in a mo as im currently on hol in uk and hubby is sortin everything out apparently there is a wood stain on carpet which didnt come out in carpet clean and they now want us to pay for new carpets.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

We have just broken our lease as we bought a house and we did home opens.
We advertised the house on real estate.com and put an opening time on there and people just turned up to look.
I had all the relevant paperwork with me and a business card for the agents.
I did 3 home opens but it did eventually rent out.
The property managers wont push your house as you provide guaranteed income whilst you have a lease.
Good luck and dont give up
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:13 pm

Thanks chick apparently they have had 3 applications but refused all, dont know why, they did two open house viewings, gonna ring them in a mo as im currently on hol in uk and hubby is sortin everything out apparently there is a wood stain on carpet which didnt come out in carpet clean and they now want us to pay for new carpets.
no way typicall really isnt it, talking to Dh he says there is a company here (we will find the name of them) that can get any stain out of a carpet dont give them money for a new carpet ontill some one else has a go getting it out first if you need any help just let me know .hope they have a good reeason for turning away 3 families

good luck and let me know how you get on
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Baby75
no way typicall really isnt it, talking to Dh he says there is a company here (we will find the name of them) that can get any stain out of a carpet dont give them money for a new carpet ontill some one else has a go getting it out first if you need any help just let me know .hope they have a good reeason for turning away 3 families

good luck and let me know how you get on
Really? well the bond cleaner promised she would get the stains out but said the wood stain which we thought was a tea stain wouldnt come out, but im here and husband is too nice to tell them where to go so im gonna ring now and c wat theyhave to say, thanks for the advice anyway
Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:28 am
Just Joined

iSkate is an unknown quantity at this point

I have posted before bout my situation but i'm getting very stressed as still no tenants have been found, we have just bought a house and so we broke our lease but we are still paying for both, i really dont understand it, buderim is a popular place and when we first moved here there was so much competition for rentals we must have applied for at least 15 properties, so why does nobody want it or are the real estate people not doin there job properly and are enjoying our pain as now we are skint, does anyone have any thoughts on this please help
W're in a similar position, broke our lease and will be liable for rent till March too so I can sympathise
Are the agents doing there job for you? legally they have to make every effort to reduce your losses. If not you have a good case at tribunal.
Our agents are hopeless, they only advertised on one website initially and refuse to do open homes, we gave notice in October. In that time only 3 people have looked at it so we're doing open homes ourselves now. I phoned our local tenants advisory service this morning for advice, waiting for a call back. Will post if I find out anything useful!
Good luck, hope you find tenants soon
Old Dec 18th 2008, 3:52 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

collybabe24 haveu tried advertising it on gumtree i knaow alot of people look on it 4 rentals on try ur local estate agent tell them ur situation they might point u in the right direction good luck
Old Dec 18th 2008, 11:13 am

Thanks guys will see wat i can do, i rang them last night and they said still no interest and they are closed now till the 5th of jan, she also said i have to replace carpets as kids put washing powder on them and it has now bleached them so she wants $1500 off me does this sound a lot?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 11:21 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys will see wat i can do, i rang them last night and they said still no interest and they are closed now till the 5th of jan, she also said i have to replace carpets as kids put washing powder on them and it has now bleached them so she wants $1500 off me does this sound a lot?
Get quotes to replace the carpets to double check figures.. not sure where you stand legally, I am supposing that if you damaged the carpets you are liable? Think along the lines of an insurance company.. does a new for old policy stand in your contract.. or should you just pay for damaging something older?

Em x
Old Dec 18th 2008, 11:42 am

maybe try contacting the RTA just to be sure of your rights and i agree get your own quote for the carpets, is that price for one room there is only carpets in your bedrooms wasnt there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.