Reload this Page >

Feeling Strange?

Feeling Strange?

Old Jul 19th 2003, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeling Strange?

Hi all,

Having just read Jaqui's post about one year on Aus. It got me thinking about how I am feeling sitting here knowing in less than two weeks we will arrive at our destination of Nelson Nz. Emotions are running high to say the least but up until this point I have been positive about what we are.doing...stressed but definately positive! But now as we say more good byes and as the clock seems to tick by faster and faster its getting harder and harder! I find myself bursting in tears that I can't explain?! Things have been made harder this week my husbands Uncle past away on Sunday, if it hadn't been for his uncle my husband would'nt have choosen to follow his trade as a carpenter and ultimately we wouldn't be of to NZ... worst still we had planned to pop and see him this week to say our good byes! I guess this combined with all the tearfull little faces of nieces and nephews, trying to arrange just when we say goodbye to our parents, how to tell your best friends how much you love them and how much you will miss them has caused major roller coaster of emotions! and I feel shattered, confused and excited all at the same time!!!and I have know idea why I have posted this garbled thread!! I'm sure I will return to sanity soon:scared: :scared:

Tori
Old Jul 19th 2003, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

you are having a rough time, many of the emotions you describe are shared by many on this site, they are natural and normal and are needed to move on. i cannot truly emphasise with you as i am only just beginging the migration process, but i feel for you. I wish you all the best.

shed as many tears as you need. Its a pity we can't do a group hug!!

ellen1
Old Jul 19th 2003, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its only natural

Hi Tori

I know exactly how you feel! We went away for just a year and that was stressful enough, so many things to remember to do before you leave and everytime you think of saying cheerio to people your stomach goes in knots.

Well we are now in the process of getting ready to go through it all again. Except this time we arent planning on going for just a year!

I feel excited and scared at the same time. I am usually more excited but as time gets nearer the scared feeling becomes more overwhelming!!

Everything you are feeling and the tears etc are what I would call natural.

Good luck with everything.
Old Jul 19th 2003, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default its only natural

All those feelings are natural.
I haven't got the house sold yet, but keep thinking about those last couple of weeks, and how I am going to feel, and what it is going to be like getting on that plane and going down that runway.
At least with reading the posts on this forum, you know that everyone has the same feelings, and no, your not going mad.
Good luck with your move, and cry as much as you need, we all understand.

Whisky
Old Jul 19th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep - do plenty of crying. All your hormones esp adrenalin will be going wild to make your emotions even more of a rollercoaster. All normal. Excess adrenalin is even released in tears (science bit) so they really do help (and don't just make you feel better!).

It'll all be great but expect some tears in the early weeks there too as you come down from the rollercoaster ride.

Best wishes to you and your family.
Old Jul 19th 2003, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Ranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling Strange?

Originally posted by TIZUS
Hi all,

Having just read Jaqui's post about one year on Aus. It got me thinking about how I am feeling sitting here knowing in less than two weeks we will arrive at our destination of Nelson Nz. Emotions are running high to say the least but up until this point I have been positive about what we are.doing...stressed but definately positive! But now as we say more good byes and as the clock seems to tick by faster and faster its getting harder and harder! I find myself bursting in tears that I can't explain?! Things have been made harder this week my husbands Uncle past away on Sunday, if it hadn't been for his uncle my husband would'nt have choosen to follow his trade as a carpenter and ultimately we wouldn't be of to NZ... worst still we had planned to pop and see him this week to say our good byes! I guess this combined with all the tearfull little faces of nieces and nephews, trying to arrange just when we say goodbye to our parents, how to tell your best friends how much you love them and how much you will miss them has caused major roller coaster of emotions! and I feel shattered, confused and excited all at the same time!!!and I have know idea why I have posted this garbled thread!! I'm sure I will return to sanity soon:scared: :scared:

Tori
Old Jul 19th 2003, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Guys

Thank you for all your kind words and its good to know I'm not alone with the tears!!!

Had a great day today with some more of Ian's nieces and nephews (13 all together!!) loads of fun and NO tears. Can;t say next weekend will be the same though!

Tori
Old Jul 20th 2003, 12:16 am
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by TIZUS
Cheers Guys

Thank you for all your kind words and its good to know I'm not alone with the tears!!!

Had a great day today with some more of Ian's nieces and nephews (13 all together!!) loads of fun and NO tears. Can;t say next weekend will be the same though!

Tori
We went through all those confused emotions, there's no easy way to do all the goodbyes, you'll be right soon enough!

We've got loads more to go through yet here in NZ, as we try to get settled. Good luck Tori, see you here in Nelson soon, did you get the email from me?
Old Jul 20th 2003, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by garrisondamn
We went through all those confused emotions, there's no easy way to do all the goodbyes, you'll be right soon enough!

We've got loads more to go through yet here in NZ, as we try to get settled. Good luck Tori, see you here in Nelson soon, did you get the email from me?
Cheers Alan
Will give you a buzz when we arrive!
Tori