Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling sad & lonely at Christmas

Feeling sad & lonely at Christmas

Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling sad & lonely at Christmas

Thanks guys, much appreciated...
I was feeling poopy this morning, but had a great time at our Perth ladies meet Think I will focus more on the kids this year and try to put all notions of sentimentality to the back of my mind!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:31 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Feeling sad & lonely at Christmas

Originally Posted by steandleigh
We three kings of orient are...
One in a taxi, one in a car...
One in a scooter...
Pipping his hooter...
Following yonder star.....

Think of that everytime you hear a 'pants' xmas mush song.....
I'll pay that!

Good one, Leigh!

Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader
I'll pay that!

Good one, Leigh!

Verse two....same tune....

We three kings of leicester square...
selling knickers at two bob a pair....
they're fantastic....no elastic....
thats why they're two bob a pair.....

Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

What about...

good king wenceleslas looked out...
of his bedroom winder...
Silly bugger he fell out....
on a red hot cinder...

brightly shone his arse that night...
though the frost was cruel...
neighbours gathered 'round the sight....
as they all ate gruel......

Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Anyone needing to vent and steam at things festive then please feel free to visit the thread in Lounge (edit ... someone has moved it ... ) I posted for this purpose:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270983

There still seems to be a warm and festive welcome in there so don't be a stranger to the strangeness

In the meantime Merry Christmas to all on the path (and the trolls who have kept me entertained!), may your break be a peaceful one.

Matt
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:46 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

What about...

good king wenceleslas looked out...
of his bedroom winder...
Silly bugger he fell out....
on a red hot cinder...

brightly shone his arse that night...
though the frost was cruel...
neighbours gathered 'round the sight....
as they all ate gruel......

ROFL! Keep 'em coming Leigh!

... sorry, Michelle, we shouldn't be hijacking here, but ... *shrug* ... hope you understand?!

Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jingle bells,batman smells...
robin flew away...
kojak lost his lollipop and bought a milkyway - hey!

( Can anyone else remember singing that at school?! No? Just me then???)
Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Obviously, its late, i'm bored, so am hijacking this thread even more ( sorry michelle), lets 'do' a song, twelve (alternate / gross) days of xmas...the 'partridge in a pear tree' will always be ' a koala in a gum tree'...

Ahem...( just limbering me voice up....)

" On the 1st day of xmas my tightwad gave to me:- One sheeps dag and a koala in a gum tree....."
go on...your turn....
Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:03 pm
Dismembered Bat

Jingle bells,batman smells...
robin flew away...
kojak lost his lollipop and bought a milkyway - hey!

( Can anyone else remember singing that at school?! No? Just me then???)

Hmmmm, now that's an oldie! Come join us in chat, Leigh?
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

" On the 1st day of xmas my tightwad gave to me:- One sheeps dag and a koala in a gum tree....."
go on...your turn....
On the 2nd day of Xmas my tightwad gave to me Two barking dogs, one sheeps dag and a koala in a gum tree..........
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

hiya,

I know exactly where you are coming from, however this year I have really put life into perspective.maybe it is because like bundys mum, my dad is fighting cancer ( and not doing too good) I also have a dear friend who is very poorly in hospital, so I am just counting my blessings. i am a long way from 'my family', but am alive with a good future. please dont take this as a criticism of your post, as it wasnt meant that way!!!!!!!

Sandra
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larissa
No real news - my mum is often quite ill, but very melodramatic and attention seeking, so I just don't know how bad she is! Each time she is ill, I'm prepared for the worst, but she has always pulled through. Feels very "Peter and the Wolf" - ish though, especially since we've only been here a short time, but I feel rotten for thinking that. When I came home yesterday hubby said she had gone on about her "dying wishes", which were very mainpulative and it's all done my head in! My poor dad must be going nuts, I'm more concerned for him as he had a stroke earlier this year and needs to take it easy. So, I'm not feeling very Christmassey and all that

sorry to here about your mum Larissa
i lost my mum died before newyears eve 11 years ago this newyear and she use to be always compaining about ill health to the point we all use to iggnore her moans and whinges till one day it was all for real and we thought it was a nouther one off her moments as we all called them next thing we all knew she was gone but anough off my life hope your mum gets well soon and dont let her get you down rember we only have one mum and when she is gone that is when we miss them the most
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
On the 2nd day of Xmas my tightwad gave to me Two barking dogs, one sheeps dag and a koala in a gum tree..........
On the 3rd day of xmas, my tightwad gave to me three moaning trolls, two barking dogs, one sheeps dag and a koala in a gum tree.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:57 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Vented and feeling better. I think. Or maybe just angry again.

Just for everyone else, it's in the Take it Outside! bit BTW.

Had to remove your smilies to post - sooorrryyyyy!

GG

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Anyone needing to vent and steam at things festive then please feel free to visit the thread in Lounge (edit ... someone has moved it ... I posted for this purpose:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270983

There still seems to be a warm and festive welcome in there so don't be a stranger to the strangeness

In the meantime Merry Christmas to all on the path (and the trolls who have kept me entertained!), may your break be a peaceful one.

Matt
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:01 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Vented and feeling better. I think. Or maybe just angry again.

Just for everyone else, it's in the Take it Outside! bit BTW.

Had to remove your smilies to post - sooorrryyyyy!

GG
S'OK, I've removed yours in my other reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.